• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Donald Trump: I ‘Can’t Believe’ NFL National Anthem Debate Continues

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Donald Trump: I ‘Can’t Believe’ NFL National Anthem Debate Continues
by CHARLIE SPIERING 20 Jul 2018

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...believe-nfl-national-anthem-debate-continues/

President Donald Trump reacted to the latest development over the national anthem controversy plaguing the NFL.
“The NFL National Anthem Debate is alive and well again – can’t believe it!” Trump marveled on Twitter. “Isn’t it in contract that players must stand at attention, hand on heart?”

Trump commented on the story after the NFL released a statement https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...otest-policy-pending-negotiations-with-union/ putting the new rule requiring players to stand for the national anthem on hold while they continued to negotiate with the NFL Players Association.

Trump mocked NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for failing to enact a solution and proposed his own penalties for players who refused to stand for the national anthem.

“The $40,000,000 Commissioner must now make a stand,” he wrote. “First time kneeling, out for game. Second time kneeling, out for season/no pay!”

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
My thought is to just let the players do what they want, then when NFL revenues sink far enough to hit the players pocketbook as a group they'll be enlightened.
Mike

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My thought is to just let the players do what they want, then when NFL revenues sink far enough to hit the players pocketbook as a group they'll be enlightened.
Mike

They keep this up there truly won’t be an NFL in a few years.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to be a good time for an AFL or some other competing football league to start up.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
One thing Mattis can do is pull all military participation in NFL games and all the money DOD pays the NFL for such displays. No more flag at the games, no more reason to protest!! But also less money going into NFL coffers. Sorry for my extreme opinion but the protesters are already extreme IMO.
Mike

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One thing Mattis can do is pull all military participation in NFL games and all the money DOD pays the NFL for such displays. No more flag at the games, no more reason to protest!! But also less money going into NFL coffers. Sorry for my extreme opinion but the protesters are already extreme IMO.
Mike

Your opinion is not extreme. When I grab a Bud and sit down to be entertained, I am not interested in some poor abused 10 million/year idiot who cannot spell NFL if you spot him 2 letters using my TV for his perceived bitch.

Instead there is Netflix, college softball, soccer, or even a good book.