• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why offshore boats as the banner of a tractor forum?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
waybomb said:

I guess I never thought of this place as a "tractor" forum. It seems to me to be an open forum that is populated by quite a few folks who also happen to own tractors. But this is not, at least in my mind, a dedicated forum to tractors. JMO

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waybomb,
Cause I'm a boating nut. I live for the summer time and boating. Don't you think it's a cool pic?

Bob hit it right. I envisioned this as a place for open discussion about things we could not talk about on TBN, not a tractor forum. But, because of the actions and frustration level of our members with the admins & mods on TBN the majority of the talk here is not about tractors but about the goings on at TBN. Who's banned and who's geting attacked etc... This forum is very new and is being shaped by you guys, the users. Folks will talk about what is interesting to them. I'm just providing the place to do it.

JayC,
I was looking for a domain name for my General Discussion Forum. I actually started to go with ForumsForumsForums.com ....but that was taken. Lucky for you guys huh? That's a mouthful. I see this place as a home for lots of fourms, thus the name forumsforums.com. I also thought it would be easy to remember, even though said out loud I agree it does sound weird.

Waybomb: What is the story behind your name?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
One of my very good buddies just got a brand new 38'er delivered to him in Charleston, SC. He has twin 496 engines in it and it will run 49.5 mph with 12 people on board!! :eek: He hasn't said how much it costs to fill the 350 gallon tank at the marina though. :drink:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a great party boat! I'd love to have a 38 ft cig. 200k for a used one! I need a winning lottery ticket.
I actually was looking at upgrading to a 30 or 32 ft Sunsation (cause I can't afford a cig). But feeding 2 engines is downright scary these days.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
Waybomb,
Cause I'm a boating nut. I live for the summer time and boating. Don't you think it's a cool pic?

Waybomb: What is the story behind your name?

I like boats too - mine's attached.

Waybomb? We lived inCalifornia for a while. We bought a real cool all black car. In California, if it was cool, it was "the bomb". Well, our car was way cool, so, waybomb was born on the license plate for it and have kept that name since.

Another plausible story goes back to when I was a teenager and bought 10 pounds of black powder through a magazine, but that's an entirely different chapter of my life. The old metal 35mm film canasters were a "blast". But I'm over that now.....

Attachments

• 572 trips.jpg
    572 trips.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Drives.jpg
    Drives.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 170
  • helm1.jpg
    helm1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 169

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waybomb, all I can say about your boat is WOW!!
Without a windshield, can you even breathe with that much wind coming at you when running wide open? What can that thing do?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome boat waybomb. Yeah, what BC said, what will she do?

BC, it sure surprised me, but the designers of these boats with no windshield or mini windshield make it so the wind goes right over your head. It does not hit you full force in the face. A very cool feeling.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Its a 46 Cougar. The hull is built in England out of Kevlar. It'll do over 100 mph. Has 3 supercharged 572 cubic inch engines.

I busted an exhaust valve spring last time out. Fortunately, the inner springs held the valve up and the keeper stayed on. Over the winter, all three are getting freshened up.

And the company that sells me gas has not even sent a calendar.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
waybomb said:
It'll do over 100 mph. Has 3 supercharged 572 cubic inch engines.
I may be dating myself but I think I just "creamed my jeans".
WOW!!!
"The company that sells me gas"??? I would think that after 2 days out, you should be part owner.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PS. Waybomb. Are you adopting? I know of a semi-mature, almost adult speed freak named something like ..zoom that's looking for a new home.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
WOW! Have you heard of www.speedwake.com
A very cool site with lots of gofasts.

Yes, I am a free member of speedwake and a paid member of offshoreonly.com. Also, Chicago Power Boat Club, and USPS.

I'm only adopting 18 year old blond blue eyed 5'8" 120 pound ladies, oh, but then would that be incest?

emc2

waybomb,

I received an invite to this forum from bczoom.
I do qualify for your adoption program and I do love your boat.

emc

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
emc2 said:
waybomb,

I received an invite to this forum from bczoom.
I do qualify for your adoption program and I do love your boat.

emc

5'8", 120 pounds, and 18????? I must've died and went to heaven. I have a feeling my wife won't like this a bit......

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
waybomb; Forgot those other proposals. I'm 5' 11", platinum blonde [natural, though some call it grey], 210#, and look great in a kilt! And I even know where St. Joe is.:coolshade

Beautiful boat. What kind of HP do ya have?:beer:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
waybomb; Forgot those other proposals. I'm 5' 11", platinum blonde [natural, though some call it grey], 210#, and look great in a kilt! And I even know where St. Joe is.:coolshade

Beautiful boat. What kind of HP do ya have?:beer:

You had to forever ruin my fantasies I acquired after I read emc2's post. How often do you wear a kilt, who's complimenting your looks in it?:D

Total horsepower is 900 @ 5500 rpm each, or 2,700 horsepower.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
waybomb said:
You had to forever ruin my fantasies I acquired after I read emc2's post. How often do you wear a kilt, who's complimenting your looks in it?:D

Total horsepower is 900 @ 5500 rpm each, or 2,700 horsepower.

Oh, rarely do I wear one, it's something about the drafts! Mith thinks I look cute though!!:eek:

2700HP, MAN!! That'll sure put a smile on your face. How often do you give people rides? I'll bet it sounds abalutly baaaaaddd.:a1: :beer:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll always give someone a ride if they're around when I go out. I have to put it away for the winter this weekend. And then I have 6 months to get it ready for next summer.
It does sound very nice - there are no mufflers.
The blowboaters hate me.....