• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

If you could have any car you wanted in this world ?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing.

gullwing-12.jpg

It is hard to argue withthe logic of a classic and cool Mercedes. But In realiy the gull Wing was hard for the ladies ( and old men for that matter) to exit........and it drove like a POS.
That said, I would not kick it out of the garage for dripping a little crankcase oil.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
yeah, only 146 were built in 1954. This one sold for over 2 million.

Plus 1 that was built a number of years ago from all brand new Mercedes parts. Somebody had bought every part, over time, to build one from scratch brand new. Not sure if they were able to title it as new or a kit, but I believe Mercedes had a hand in completing the car.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
So does my 1995 one ton Dodge Cummins. And I prefer it for most driving and what I do for a living.

However, the question was what car would you most prefer out of all off them available.

I love the spirited driving of my Mercedes designed Crossfire. Best fun car ever! But if I could only have the one vehicle......It would not be a Chevy with a Cadillac label, or a common 'vette anybody could own. Nor an exotic Murolango nobody could fix.

It would be the only Ford I ever liked. And one that I could fix.

BTW, Groomer, that Pontiac is nice. Wish I still had one.

Yeah Franc, I know what was asked. I paid enough for my truck that it has to count as expensive. At my age, I do not see the value of laying out a bunch of bucks for something that I probably won't drive often and if I do, I have to worry about some jerk banging into it, or getting door dings, should I park it someplace.

For the kind of money these beautiful baby's cost, I could cool my heels on a nice warm beach for an awful long time.

Just me, I guess.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah Franc, I know what was asked. I paid enough for my truck that it has to count as expensive. At my age, I do not see the value of laying out a bunch of bucks for something that I probably won't drive often and if I do, I have to worry about some jerk banging into it, or getting door dings, should I park it someplace.

For the kind of money these beautiful baby's cost, I could cool my heels on a nice warm beach for an awful long time.

Just me, I guess.

Well, I actually agree with you. So it isn'tjust you.

That said, the premise was ,money is no object, what car would you choose.

I would still want the T-Bird. Cause I'm not pretentious and would prefer to die behind the wheel in Detroit iron.

Meanwhile the ole' Dodge one ton is a sufficient sustitute, faded paint, rusty bumbers and droopy headliner.....all of it suits me fine. People ask me why I don't get a new one. I always respond the same....Best wheel barrow I ever bought.

When do you ever replace a wheel barrow? Not 'cause the paint is chipped, or the body bent and rusty. Nope,,,,,When the wheel falls off.