• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

how many liquids are in a car?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
gas i will buy off on just call it fuel that way you cover gas and diesel water is both mixed with ethylinglycol for coolant and acid for battery electrolite the fluid in shocks is oil oil is in your crank case power steering transmission differetial shocks and your a/c compressor but the r134-a is a gas at atmispheric pressure not a liquid as is lng or lpg i don't think you can count them one fluid you might have missed is the viscus fluid in the fan clutch of some cars .

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
gas i will buy off on just call it fuel that way you cover gas and diesel water is both mixed with ethylinglycol for coolant and acid for battery electrolite the fluid in shocks is oil oil is in your crank case power steering transmission differetial shocks and your a/c compressor but the r134-a is a gas at atmispheric pressure not a liquid as is lng or lpg i don't think you can count them one fluid you might have missed is the viscus fluid in the fan clutch of some cars .

I beg to differ dds , Aint sure about r134 but r12 is liquid , But I will agree its a gas to shoot it with an ar15 :yum:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I beg to differ dds , Aint sure about r134 but r12 is liquid , But I will agree its a gas to shoot it with an ar15 :yum:
I'm going to agree to dissagree let some lawyer sort it out yes half the system in your car as in storage r-12 and 134a are in a liquid form under pressure now crack a line and the liquid rapidly expands in to a gas in your car the gas is compressed and cooled to turn it into a liquid in the high pressure side and it goes in to the evaporator there is a nozzel or restriction in the line holding the excess pressure and bleading off enough pressure that the liquid expands in to a vapor causing a cooling effectthan the gas is routed back into the compressor and re compressed and liquified again. so what would you call it a liquid in it's stored state ot a gass in its natural state. Ha bet you all didn't know that some one in the arctic kenw any thing about a/c.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to agree to dissagree let some lawyer sort it out yes half the system in your car as in storage r-12 and 134a are in a liquid form under pressure now crack a line and the liquid rapidly expands in to a gas in your car the gas is compressed and cooled to turn it into a liquid in the high pressure side and it goes in to the evaporator there is a nozzel or restriction in the line holding the excess pressure and bleading off enough pressure that the liquid expands in to a vapor causing a cooling effectthan the gas is routed back into the compressor and re compressed and liquified again. so what would you call it a liquid in it's stored state ot a gass in its natural state. Ha bet you all didn't know that some one in the arctic kenw any thing about a/c.

Touche dds :yum: , I knew you were right as far as in the vehicles system , I used to charge my own ac thats how I know theres liquid in the can :biggrin: . BTW I have never shot any cans of the r12 as that would probablly put me on Al Gores watchlist :whistling:

I have a brother that lives in Skagway which I,m sure most of you would consider that being the tropics compared to what your used to . He lives right across from the little airport & allways telling me how miserablly cold & nasty it is there , Knowing theres 3 live webcams & I can see in real time what the actuall weather is as well as I can see what its doing . He still likes to pull my leg :yum: .

I follow Ya,lls threads in the snocat sections & thats how I know what Extreme cold weather is really like :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, if the car is rusty's, then there bound to be a bottle of beer or two kicking around in there somewhere.:whistling::whistling:

:yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Urine in the milk jug for the long rides!:clap::clap:

Ah, that brings up another one. Bluetech diesels need Urea to run. And there is a sensor that can sense if the urea added is refined urea or plain old pizz.

Add Urea to the list.