• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MEMORIAL DAY

SShepherd

this may be early, but it gives us all a chance to plan ahead

lets not treat it as just another day off, remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

And those that are still serving

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKV8kpzUDS0"]YouTube - My Military Tribute[/ame]

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
absolutely - there's a stong vet presence here on the forum (and in my family tree) so I'm not likely to forget.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
this may be early, but it gives us all a chance to plan ahead

lets not treat it as just another day off, remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

And those that are still serving

Good post & video. Very well said.
Hats off to all those who've made the ultimate sacrifice, and the families they left behind. We should never forget.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We as a nation must remember the past and those who paid the price for our freedoms. Too many of today's" leaders" have no respect for those who serve. They are the ones who have earned my respect. Let us all do our part to remember our vets.

SShepherd

My Grandfather, now gone, said he was a real son of a bitch....but he knew how to get shit done.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

benspawpaw

on monday call your local vfw or american legion and ask to speak to a veteran. when he answers tell him thanks for what he has done for you,your familyand country. when he asks who you are just tell him you are someone who loves and cares about him and hang up. i do this on memorial day,veterans day, and any other time the news media is giving soldiers a hard time. sometimes i cant do it without crying and sometimes the guy on the other end starts crying. these people dont hear someone cares and is thankful for what they have given to this nation near enough, so tell one this weeken, and if you are one. thank you and i love you:thankyou2:US_flag::respect:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for posting that SShepard. Rep points for you. At 2:46 the child leaning over the grave hit me hard people.

murph