• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Can somebody tell me what the deal is with Kioti?

working woman

Site Supporter
I know I am a woman, but I'm not totally stupid. I Googled "
Kioti" and know that it is a "Daedong"(weird name) entry in
the US market made to look like a Kubota. Ok, fine. But I looked over at that TBN site at some of the posts there and the Kioti posts just really stuck out like a sore thumb. Whats up with Kioti? I asked Dargo, and he said that he'd pass on going into it with me. So, whats the deal? I think the people here seem less likely to attack me for asking. Why is it the most of the Kioti people make it a point to be rude and aggressive and call people "trolls" when asked about Kioti? There are so many names over there who are extremely rude about their Kioti, I couldnt possibly begin to tell you who all are being that way.

Admitedly, I dont know much about tractors and havent read every post over there, but it seems pretty well limited to anything to do with a Kioti that people get nasty. Could someone PLEASE tell me what I'm missing here? Is there some sort of racial thing about it? Is there a certain race of people who mostly buy those tractors? If so, I dont even want to know then. If thats it, I want no part of even knowing or even talking about it. Thanks

BoneheadNW

working woman said:
But I looked over at that TBN site at some of the posts there and the Kioti posts just really stuck out like a sore thumb. Whats up with Kioti? I asked Dargo, and he said that he'd pass on going into it with me. So, whats the deal? I think the people here seem less likely to attack me for asking. Why is it the most of the Kioti people make it a point to be rude and aggressive and call people "trolls" when asked about Kioti? There are so many names over there who are extremely rude about their Kioti, I couldnt possibly begin to tell you who all are being that way.

Admitedly, I dont know much about tractors and havent read every post over there, but it seems pretty well limited to anything to do with a Kioti that people get nasty.

EXACTLY! :2gunsfiri :argueing: :argueing: :2gunsfiri :batterUp: :batterUp: :14_6_20:

Bonehead

JayC

Huh?
I'm not sure why they are that way. It would be to expensive to bring in a shrink to evaluate them.:eek: I don't think it is a certain race of people buying them, either. I like Kioti, or at least I used to up until TBN became KBN. Maybe they are just way to ecstatic and can't control their emotions?:drink:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well,
Kioti has been around for quite some time but with limited dealerships to supply them. They have been making a small dent in sales, but they just haven't had the selection in CUT's as the other brands, until now. I looked, and wanted one. Only problem was, I wanted it NOW and Kioti couldn't supply it for 2-3 months. Now that supply is up and more people are buying, they are becoming more popular. I have never seen the "loyalty" as I do right now with any other brand than this. Maybe they are a good tractor, have decent weight, but damn, don't shove it down my throat. It may have been this way when Kubota became popular several years ago, I have no idea. The CUT is made for the guy/gal that has a few acres and is tired of beating that Craftsman to death, and wants to do more than just mow grass. The CUT/SubCUT itself is a fairly new concept to the market. And it's exploding. But for the zealots that you've seen? Only on KBN......

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
working woman said:
Why is it the most of the Kioti people make it a point to be rude and aggressive and call people "trolls" when asked about Kioti? There are so many names over there who are extremely rude about their Kioti, I couldnt possibly begin to tell you who all are being that way.

Admitedly, I dont know much about tractors and havent read every post over there, but it seems pretty well limited to anything to do with a Kioti that people get nasty.

Seems to me that most of the Kioti owners are new tractor buyers, never owned another machine. Also seems that most Kioti owners are lower income and shopping for a bargain. Also seems that most Kioti buyers are insecure and have to defend to the death their purchase.

There are several notable exceptions, folks who purchased a Kioti because they liked it, felt it was a good value and they don't thump their chests over the brand (BigAl, Daedong and Gsssmi all come to mind as guys who fit the latter category)

I personally think a Kioti owner who fits into the first group can generally be defined as a man who lacks a penis and needs to make up for it by shouting.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Seems to me that most of the Kioti owners are new tractor buyers, never owned another machine. Also seems that most Kioti owners are lower income and shopping for a bargain. Also seems that most Kioti buyers are insecure and have to defend to the death their purchase.

There are several notable exceptions, folks who purchased a Kioti because they liked it, felt it was a good value and they don't thump their chests over the brand (BigAl, Daedong and Gsssmi all come to mind as guys who fit the latter category)

I personally think a Kioti owner who fits into the first group can generally be defined as a man who lacks a penis and needs to make up for it by shouting.

Yeah Bob, they used to buy fast shiny red cars to make up for penis size. Now they buy Kioti's.
Of course Vin is exempt because Daedong is a long established brand down under.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I would guess that we are just lucky enough to be observing a particular group of morons...err...people that just happen to have come together at the right time over there. I have seen this with almost any other topic you care to think of...beer....horses....cars....computers....booze....religion....whatever

Dave

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
OhioTC18 said:
Yeah Bob, they used to buy fast shiny red cars to make up for penis size. Now they buy Kioti's.

What EXACTLY are you saying? I just happen to be the proud owner of BOTH the fast shiny Red car and a Kioti!! ;) :D

Attachments

• PICT0006-c-no date.JPG
    PICT0006-c-no date.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 114
  • PHD 2.jpg
    PHD 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 113

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think we need to add Gerard to the list of 'cool' Kioti owners. I've never noticed his name involved with any of the mud slinging Kioti zealot posts.

ps: Gerard if you want to get rid of that shiney red car so folks don't talk about you like the post above just give me a call ...I'd be glad to take it off your hands! :D

pps: welcome to FF!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Gerard said:
What EXACTLY are you saying? I just happen to be the proud owner of BOTH the fast shiny Red car and a Kioti!! ;) :D

Of course there always exceptions Gerard.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Gee, I feel kind of slighted. My tractor is green and my Vette is white. Maybe when I grow up I can have a real toy, er, tool. :rolleyes:

Actually, I've been considering a DK65 for a couple years, but at one time there was a problem with the bucket curl speed being too slow (as was discussed adnauseum on "that other site", and I saw it first hand when trying it out) and I was wondering if that had been corrected on the newer models.
Anyone know?

I feel strange asking an actual tractor question. I don't know if I've ever done that before.
:coolshade

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OhioTC18 said:

I feel that I have been misquoted or misunderstood.

I did NOT say that this particular group of people (limited to the rabid pack members who cause the problems) could be charcterized as individuals with a small penis. I said I think they simply lacked a penis.

As in it was completely missing from their anatomy. :moon:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
working woman said:
Geez, does this mean I'm supposed to be impressed by the size of a mans "tractor" now?

I hope not........I have a little one.....tractor that is :moon:

M9000

I have a "little one too"...but a BIG tractor, actually, 2 big tractors. Seems as though when folks say goodbye to me they all tell me to "have a good one". I reply "I have a good one...I just need a long one.

M9000

Paul:

I'm here too.

No CUT anymore. Graduated to an M9000 to go with my Massey 1085. The loader on the M9 could bick up the 5030. It's a beast but still smaller than the 1085.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Sharp looking Mazda Z.... the Kubota isn't bad looking either.. Mr. Magoo :wave:

You are hard Junk! Everyone knows that is a Corvair in disguise! hehehhehehhehe:wave: :coolshade :14_6_12:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Gerard said:
Gerard........Tell me you just built that garage the koiti is in...........No one deserves a building that clean unless its days old !!

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
TOMLESCOEQUIP said:
Gerard........Tell me you just built that garage the koiti is in...........No one deserves a building that clean unless its days old !!

Nope. Built in the summer of 2002 and the photo was taken in 2004. I like to keep things clean and organized. :thankyou2 for the compliment! :) ;)

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
working woman said:
Geez, does this mean I'm supposed to be impressed by the size of a mans "tractor" now?

It's not the size of the tractor that matters.. it's how big a ditch you can dig w/ it that counts! :coolshade