• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SnowTrac / ST4...Small World

schmidt

We own a small Lodge in Leavenworth, WA and have a 1965 SnowTrac that we use as our daily transport machine, which many of you have been a great help in keeping it running well. This past weekend we had a guest stay with us who's father was on of the original ST4 Engineers in Sweden. His father who is now 87 and still very active shared these comments and photos. Thought you might enjoy. Brad

Brad,

My dad was super-happy to see the photos of your Snow-Trac. He wanted me to pass these photos back to you. This is from one of the very first test runs with one of the prototypes of the Snow-Trac. My dad did all the welding on the first four prototypes. They did the first test run in the mountains between Sweden and Norway, and rode into a small Norwegian vacation village one of the days. It turned out the Norwegian king was expected to come for his annual Easter retreat at the village, and everyone thought he was now arriving in this now spectacular vehicle, so they got a royal welcome!

My dad is the person on the left in photo, wearing blue clothes, where they are seen taking a coffee break in the snow.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 272
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 271

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that is so cool, wished you had tried to call, I would have loved to say hi. so amazing how once the machine was perfected it just never changed.

nikos

Brad
Did we Know the name of the special guest?
Very interesting meating and the fotos are perfect.

The wold is too small for the ST4,s owners

Nikos