• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Bombardier extra wide 65 inch SW" on eBay

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I would call it an SW if it had the 14" tracks ( which is often hard to see in pictures).
I think the usual J5 was either 60" or 64" wide.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, mine is 60" also but I believe the newer ones are 64".

rcc

This is the same as the J5 from post 1960 when they changed the tub to a heavier gauge steel, went from 60" to 64". Post 1970 models that I have seen are modeled JW (not to say they didn't make SW wider), all the SW I have seen are sidewalk 48". The tracks on these could be any of three styles, std 16.5" crosslinks, the 15" with deeper tread sort of flatter on the top or the 15" with rubber tread inserts. The radiator on the post 1970's seems to always be the tropical style. Some came with a diesel. Bombardier just kept changing little things depending on what users wanted to put them through. All great work horses...

akimp

It looks like a older style J5 to me. The Transmission is set up like my previous old style J5 with 3 forward gears and one reverse on one shifter. My new style j5 has two shifters with 4 forward gears. The solid wheels look like the have the smaller axle cap. I'm interested in buying a j5,sw, back east to part out for the differential, wheels, grousers, etc and ship to Alaska. My family lives there and having some cheap parts would be great. Any advice to prove its a larger axle new model would be much appreciated.

rcc

Well as i see it, the machine has been pulled off ebay before the time ended!!?? I emailed them to see if it was sold!!??
Bombardier made so many different models you just need to see them if you are concerned if the parts fit. these machines sill had the 251 flathead with 3 speed or 4 speed into the 1970's. I can only think that they must have purchased all the engine blocks Chrysler had, along with that good little 3 speed.
As for the wheels I think all the solid wheels are the large axle.
The track, I would need to see a better pic.
But no advice other than that.

undy

My advice is that this one is no longer on ebay. (I just checked.) Probably not what you were hoping to hear.

Edit: Oops, RCC beat me to the punch.

akimp

Thanks guys. I contacted the seller but was confused by my question of non-tapered bogie wheel axles. Oh well.

rcc

I think some of these people selling this stuff are hired guns and do not know anything but how to work ebay...! It is either sold or will show up later on another sales site. Lets keep looking.