• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1970s THIOKOL IMP 1404 ND

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I may need a price check, I am thinking that might be a touch steep. ???

if a couple of grousers cracked and broke to the point the track is off for repair.......

then perhaps there are more ready to fail....?

I gauge value on the tracks and rear diff.
Those two items are the heart and soul.

What is the retail value of a narrow tracked imp.?
I am thinking that one is a bit high.

akmountaineer

I may need a price check, I am thinking that might be a touch steep. ???

if a couple of grousers cracked and broke to the point the track is off for repair.......

then perhaps there are more ready to fail....?

I gauge value on the tracks and rear diff.
Those two items are the heart and soul.

What is the retail value of a narrow tracked imp.?
I am thinking that one is a bit high.

I agree, the real kicker is the condition of rear diff, and the tracks too. It's made out like the tracks just need a couple of grousers replaced so if that's the case and belts are still in good shape, that wouldn't be too bad. Out here, that machine would be a pretty good buy if the diff and belts are good. Before I bought my 1450, I looked at a couple of 1404s in the $12 - $15K that were in need of some significant help. They seemed a bit high for sure, especially in comparison to this.

jp11

Considering the fact that I paid 3100 to get my rear diff completely rebuilt.. I agree.

Lightfoot tracks (only thing you could just buy and slap on to replace) are 13k.. and 6 weeks out. That makes the cat worth less than zero!

As far as I can tell from reading on here. If you found someone to fab you all the pieces to MAKE grousers... you're probably at 4 or 5k. Then assemble them. Then 500 bucks for used belting. A solid 50 to 75 hours of work. Then don't forget about All the grade 8 hardware. Easily another 500 bucks. So what's that? 6k and months of nights and weekends!

So.. what's the machine worth??? Tracks and a rear diff!

I'd consider my machine worth over 12k with good tracks and a fresh overhaul on the rear. New slaves and masters.

With zero labor costs.. I'm up around that much invested in parts alone.

I think I'd sell it for that, then buy a tucker that needs another 10k to be perfect.

JP