• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shed build finished

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I posted about building an additional pole barn, and asked for thoughts on my proposed building locations. (see pic 1 below)

Ended up with neither being an option I was happy with. So ....I had the new location bulldozed and contracted to have a pole shed instead of a pole barn. Not sure if the name is right but I call it a shed since it has 3 sides with 4th open, and we already have a pole barn so this helps avoid confusion.

Here are pics of the project ending up with us loading some of the stuff in the He Shed, She Shed, Boat Shed. Really it is a boat shed.

a link to original question thread: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=82828

Attachments

• Site2.jpg
    Site2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 48

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
and some more pics ...boat shed completed.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 48

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Much talk of concrete in the original thread. As you can see I could not afford to concrete now but can add that down the road ...but first on the down the road is doors fo all 5 slots. Randy the builder estimated about 2k per door. :pat: Doable but it will be a year or three. For now the side that is open is facing north east so it should be safe from our worst storms.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking shed.

Plenty of room for backing things into place too :clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking shed.

Plenty of room for backing things into place too :clap:
Plenty of room for backing things into space is one of the big reasons I choose that location. Both my A and B proposed locations limited backing space and also limited where we park the empty trailers when boats are in the water. Trailers normally sit in the A spot. If a barn was there trailers would be hap hazard around the front yard. Not good. Main drawback to this location is you have to cross the yard to get to it. But with about 12 boating weekends a year that traffic seems light and I think grass can hold up to that, especially if we vary the route. We can go behind the house or around in front of the house. Both work as long as things are dry. If wet you have to go the front route.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice work Doc - I built a shop this summer too. Picture is before gutters - which are now on.

30x40x16

Attachments

• Done_outside_1000.jpg
    Done_outside_1000.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 41

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Great looking shed. :clap:

I'm glad that you intend to put doors on it. At the farm we had a pole barn that was open on 3-sides and had a dirt floor. All it did was collect wind blown leaves and provide a haven for "animals". After my in-laws passed we had it concreted and enclosed. It's a much nicer place now.

When I built mine a few years back I enclosed both ends for storage and the Gator and mower. I left the center two stalls open at both ends so I could drive the tractors through and be easy to clean out. It works pretty well for what I use it for.

Now I have to find a place to build an RV barn that doesn't require major construction. I don't have much flat and level land left.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't have much flat and level land left.

That was my biggest challenge. I don't have any really flat land. I had to do a combination of building up one end and then making sure I had a monster french drain around the "high sides". And lots of concrete to anchor things in place. We've had a ton of rain in the last month or two and so far no pools of water. Still waiting for a big snow fall to see if my assumptions make an ass out of me.:idea:

Attachments

• shop_3.jpg
    shop_3.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 36

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice work Doc - I built a shop this summer too. Picture is before gutters - which are now on.

30x40x16
Nice PB. Mine is 56 x 32 with a 4 ft overhang, 12' high which will work for all I own right now. No plans for a motor home or anything 14' tall but one never knows. Why did you go 16' high PB?

I'm already anxious for concrete and doors ....hopefully one next year and one the year after.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Of course, I don’t have any real power out there yet. Just a heavy duty extension cord running through a big conduit. I figure I can just use my generator when I need more power.

In the mean time I’m using the lack of power to justify buying more cordless tools��

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was able to add power to the shed. You can see the fresh dirt from the ditch witch where we ran the line. I used to hae a hot tub sitting on the deck so I had a 220 circuit just sitting there. Tapped into that. Two 15 amp circuits. Mainly to run battery tenders to charge the boat batteries and a compressor once in awhile.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone has too many fkn toys!
Spoken by the guy with the most toys of all and a monster garage filled with Harley's, Tractors, ATV's with a pool room over top of it all. :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: