• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Espresso/Cappuccino Maker wanted

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ,,,,,, I want one . What works for one or two cups in the morning . I have worked hard all my life . I want to enjoy life a little !!!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Buy a ggod one.
I can suggest Simonelli, but there many many other good ones.

And use soft water. I mean soft water. Or you will burn out the boiler and clog up the pipes.

I bought a Simonelli built Dacor built in unit and it is great. Grinds the beans and all. Have a plumbed model instead of a reservoir model.

The only pain is cleaning the steam nozzle of the dried on cream/milkfat.

I found the best way to keep it shiny ands clean is to get a folded up paper towel with a dab of dish soap on it and wipe the syeam nozzle before it cools/dries. Then I run steam into a cup of water to make sure all the soap is gone for the next usage.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't made expresso in years. We have a couple of machines stuck away somewhere in the kitchen. If this Keurig ever dies, I may go back to brewing it. Nah, I'll just get another Keurig or I could simply fire up the drip coffee maker.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been out of that biz for a while. I'm not sure what the going rate is for those machines, but I suspect a decent machine probably starts about $1200 and paying double that price is NOT an unreasonable expectation.

I used to have a big fancy one at work and a smaller one at home. Now I use a $20 drip coffee maker and I also have a Keurig machine. Oh, and I go to Starbucks a few times a week for a 'triple' to get my fix.

I don't miss the mess of an espresso machine.

But Al, I will NOT try to talk you out of buying one, I'll just recommend that you buy a really good one. The cheap ones are horrible, the modest priced units are bad. If you actually want espresso, then it will cost you. And there is not much worse than craving espresso and trying to make it on a bad machine that won't build pressure, etc.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Guys!!!
I am playing single husband for a few more days and thought I might surprize the little lady when she comes home . Sounds like I best wait for her input , before buying one .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
why not get some baileys and mix it with some Maxwell house with a dad of whipped cream on it.