• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Oral Roberts Dead At 91

mak2

Wasnt he the one who went on TV and said if he did not raise 6 million or something the Lord was gonna call him home? Seems like I vaugely remember something like that.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Out of anyone... this guy had a great reason to change his freakin' name. Seriously. What kind of parents would pick that name?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Cmon man! the guy died, dont make fun of his name.:glare:

I am NOT making fun of his name damnit!!!! Im pointing out that MANY people change their name. Even people that DONT have unusal names. Im wondering why in GODS name didnt Oral change HIS name. Thats all.

Man-O-man! If I was making FUN of his name you sure would know it. I would have made a JOKE about it! HENCE..... making FUN of it!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Im wondering why in GODS name didnt Oral change HIS name. Thats all.
Maybe because his parents had a reason for it? And he had respect for their decision? Or may because when he was old enough to do it, he had lived with it all his life so why change now?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe because his parents had a reason for it? And he had respect for their decision? Or may because when he was old enough to do it, he had lived with it all his life so why change now?

I bet he was just lazy :wink:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Wasnt he the one who went on TV and said if he did not raise 6 million or something the Lord was gonna call him home? Seems like I vaugely remember something like that.

Yes sir. What you say is true. I remember that. Looks like he never raised the 6 or so million.

At least god gave him plenty of time.

And if you think I'm being nasty.. rest assure - god has
called him home. All is well.:flowers:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I dunno 'bout y'all, but my understanding of basic decorum is that one shouldn't speak so flippantly of the recently departed. But maybe that's just me.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I dunno 'bout y'all, but my understanding of basic decorum is that one shouldn't speak so flippantly of the recently departed. But maybe that's just me.

Good point.. Let's wait awhile.:pat:

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten

Actually that is just a partial truth. God told him to change some things in his ministry and the way he had been doing things. He said that him and his board said it would cost several million dollars to make that happen So God never told him to get millions of dollars but ultimately that was the price to do it. I saw him on tv several times in the last year and i always liked him.He had lots of integrity even though the press always tried to make him look bad.You can ask Sarah Palin what the press can do to destroy those they don't like.