• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

plz. info needed asap!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
there is a dinner fer lite-nite & i fergot to make/buy food. i saw several tots, ppl my age-range, & elderly folk. iso a crowd-pleaser food that i could put together in 5 minutes. thanx~

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What do you have on hand?

Can you make mini pizzas?

White bread, cut off the crusts and toast on one side. Add tomato sauce(add ketchup basil and garlic)
Cheese (any kind but Mozzarella Swiss or Cheddar slices will do.

Top with anything in the fridge. Veggies, sausages, burger, bits of lunch meat. Place under the broiler until bubbly.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
TY, franc & joe. i finally got a pack of prosciutto panino & took those w/ me- were there really only minutes to get a food together. dinner rocked, altogether, too.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'll make bourbon dogs @ a holiday family gathering. after Santa leaves my neice & nephews their gifts, i could make those cocktail dogs. (fer us adults.)

those pizzas would fit them so well- day after Christmas food. my nephew/sidekick'll be my sous chef again, this holiday.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
i'll make bourbon dogs @ a holiday family gathering. after Santa leaves my neice & nephews their gifts, i could make those cocktail dogs. (fer us adults.)

those pizzas would fit them so well- day after Christmas food. my nephew/sidekick'll be my sous chef again, this holiday.
I would not worry much about minors with the bourbon dogs, as the majority of the alcohol is cooked away through evaporation; at least that's the way we make it. Mrs JEV makes these the day before, and slow cooks them on the stove top with the lid off to get a nice reduction in the sauce so the sauce sticks to the dogs and does not run off. Evaporation = alcohol loss, and the longer it cooks, the more alcohol is dissipated. FWIW, we buy the lowest priced bourbon in the liquor store, and mark the bottle just for bourbon dogs. The recipe we have uses 1C of bourbon, so I'm not using the Jack Daniels for a lousy hot dog. :yum: