• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready to head out of town tomorrow to visit Melen for a long Easter holiday.

For the life of me I know I need to go buy something but I can't recall what the heck it is that we need to take with us.

Got out suitcases.
Cancelled tickets on United.
Filled Audi with diesel.
House in W-S is rented, got confirmation.
No f-ing clue what I need to buy, guess I'll drive around until I remember?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready to head out of town tomorrow to visit Melen for a long Easter holiday.

For the life of me I know I need to go buy something but I can't recall what the heck it is that we need to take with us.

Got out suitcases.
Cancelled tickets on United.
Filled Audi with diesel.
House in W-S is rented, got confirmation.
No f-ing clue what I need to buy, guess I'll drive around until I remember?

Good idea! :biggrin:

Showered, lunch packed and getting ready for a glorious day of playing nursey.
Nice weather today.
The rabbits are out in force.
Spied one near the red tulips a little while ago.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It was a busy day around here.
Moved some of my stuff to Jane and Larry's garage from the storage unit.
I cleaned my room, then made linguine in meat sauce with garlic toast.

Lightning is my new pet.
Yes, that darn cat has adopted me. lol
Scratches the bedroom door when I close it.
Follows me everywhere, looks out the window from the couch when I go away.

Goofball!

Cute white socks!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We ended up at the flooring center looking at new carpet for the living room and agonizing over paint chips at the paint store. We now have reams of carpet and paint samples to check out in various lighting conditions. :w00t2::biggrin::flowers:

Oh, the trials and tribulations of the happily married man. :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up my taxes from the accountant.

I owe more ... hell I might need to go back to work :-(

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Couldn't have asked for a better day.
Smooth and no issues on B-east.

I always ask/tell my aides after shift change and rounds "What are we going to do?"
A collective reply follows: "Keep them off the floor"

Yes indeed.
:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up my taxes from the accountant.

I owe more ... hell I might need to go back to work :-(

You should stop making so much and then it wouldn't be a problem. :biggrin:

The truck wouldn't start this morning so when the sun broke through after lunch I thought that I'd go work on it. The reason I hate working on the truck is that the hood release lever doesn't pop the hood and it usually takes an hour of fiddling at least to get it open before you can even start to work. Today I had an epiphany ... move the darned lever. It took about 15 minutes to get the lever loose and relocate it to get more leverage and poof, it popped right open. While the battery was charging I ran in to town and got a new air filter. Once everything was installed, fired it up and the 18-year ol' black beauty is running like a charm. I may need to get 2 new batteries sometime soon but it won't be tomorrow. Batteries are so darned expensive these days.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Painting the brick on the fireplace. Almost done. Waiting patiently for the mill to kiln dry the mantle. That takes two weeks. Then cut in down to size and hand plane. Once that is done, wifey wants to beat the shit out of it with a chain :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2: to distress it and make it look old.

Nobody ever had to beat the shit out of me with a chain to make me look old. I managed that on my own. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I have 4 days off now.
Today's shift went by pretty fast.

Triduum is forthcoming.
Tomorrow, I'll attend Good Friday services.

Our church kids are going to have living stations of the cross, then the
solemn service will begin.
Tomorrow I'll fast and have only an egg salad sandwich and juice.

Lightning was standing by the back door waiting for me tonight.
How did he know I stopped at Chief supermarket and got him some treats?

:biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I washed and waxed the truck. For being 18-years old it still looks pretty good although the paint on the hood is starting to fail.

I washed and waxed the RV. I didn't get up on the roof and power wash and treat it but I'll do that when we get back from Fredericksburg and before I cover it up until late August/September when we go to Colorado.

I'm a tired little puppy today ... but happy.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We will be off to the 9:30am service today. It's a different service. More of a play than a service. Then its downstairs to make easter gardens with the kids.

We'll head home for lunch then send our foster daughter for a visit overnight with her sister. Supper will be at my aunt's house. Tonight we have another girl flying in to visit her sisters. She'll be with us for a week.

Other than that not much happening today.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Up at 5:30 this morning and was greeted with the dog having thrown up on the living room carpet. The carpet is a short timer with wifey having finalized the new one but still.....gotta clean it!! :biggrin:

Going to order a new set of KYB Gas-Adjust shocks for the truck. They have a rebate program going on so that will be 40 bucks off.

I changed the sway bar bushings and links the other day with Energy Suspension Polyurethane. She doesn't lean as much now into the corners. I should just slow down. LMAO.

2017-04-11 14.23.41.jpg

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Some friends are throwing me a little party tonight so it's pizza, beer and cards. At 62 I still feel like a kid, of course the body is breaking down. :clap:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting in our AirBNB rental house in North Carolina. Wife and daughter are out shopping for supplies for an Easter dinner with a bunch of Wake Forest college students.

Going for Sushi tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice day!
Perfect weather for walking after church, and then again just a little while ago.

Went shopping for the Easter ham.
We'll also be having mashed potatoes,creamed onions, corn, green beans, tossed salad, dinner rolls, deviled eggs and red velvet cake with whipped cream frosting.

I went to the VFW Ladies Easter bake sale and picked up some goodies to take along as well.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Perhaps I should put this in the rant thread.

Got up this morning and went to the eye clinic at just before 9 o'clock for a check up. The glaucoma doctor is only at the clinic in our little town on Fridays but it saves me a 30 mile drive to Tyler. Just after 9 the nurse calls me in and we go through all the tests, take pictures and check the pressure in my eyes. Everything is good, my eyes haven't changed and the daily drops are keeping the pressure in my eyes in check so no chance of glaucoma but I have to wait until the doctor reviews everything.

Here's where my blood pressure starts to rise. At 9:20 I'm ushered in to a waiting room. I watch 2 episodes of some fix it flip it show on the TV. After about an hour I'm called and ushered in to another examination room and told the doctor will be right with me. 30 minutes later I'm still sitting there staring at the wall. Right about now I'm getting right royally pissed. Almost on the stroke of 11 the doctor walks in and asks me how I'm doing? I tell him I'm really puzzled because I've been sitting here trying to figure out he can possibly be running 2 hours behind for a 9 o'clock appointment. Oh!!! He's been really busy. I tell him that so am I and my time is as valuable to me as his is to him. That's where we reach a sort of armed truce. 5 minutes later he's done with me and I'm on my way.

Lord, I hate being treated like that. I hate having to wait 2 hours for 5 minutes of his time and being expected to pay for for the privilege. And this wasn't the first time. I think that I need to find myself a new eye doctor, one who treats his patients with some respect, because this isn't worth the aggravation.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. I do believe that they have a blacklist at emerg and my name is on it after my latest trip their which was similar to yours. Seriously. After 5 freaking hours sitting there waiting they checked my vitals and had concerns about high blood pressure?!?#? What the heck did they expect?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Perhaps I should put this in the rant thread.

Got up this morning and went to the eye clinic at just before 9 o'clock for a check up. The glaucoma doctor is only at the clinic in our little town on Fridays but it saves me a 30 mile drive to Tyler. Just after 9 the nurse calls me in and we go through all the tests, take pictures and check the pressure in my eyes. Everything is good, my eyes haven't changed and the daily drops are keeping the pressure in my eyes in check so no chance of glaucoma but I have to wait until the doctor reviews everything.

Here's where my blood pressure starts to rise. At 9:20 I'm ushered in to a waiting room. I watch 2 episodes of some fix it flip it show on the TV. After about an hour I'm called and ushered in to another examination room and told the doctor will be right with me. 30 minutes later I'm still sitting there staring at the wall. Right about now I'm getting right royally pissed. Almost on the stroke of 11 the doctor walks in and asks me how I'm doing? I tell him I'm really puzzled because I've been sitting here trying to figure out he can possibly be running 2 hours behind for a 9 o'clock appointment. Oh!!! He's been really busy. I tell him that so am I and my time is as valuable to me as his is to him. That's where we reach a sort of armed truce. 5 minutes later he's done with me and I'm on my way.

Lord, I hate being treated like that. I hate having to wait 2 hours for 5 minutes of his time and being expected to pay for for the privilege. And this wasn't the first time. I think that I need to find myself a new eye doctor, one who treats his patients with some respect, because this isn't worth the aggravation.

Yup, that is no fun. I remember years ago, Seinfeld did a show about doctors. George cancelled a doctor's appt. and got charged for it. A little while later the Doctor cancelled George and he tried to charge them. Funny as hell and he would not let it go.

I have to say though Frank, you are a better man then me. I get pissed off and just say screw it and I would drive the 30 minutes and then some to Tyler. I know that because I too live in a small town and deal with a local clinic and more then once jumped into that truck and drove to Williston or South Burlington which is about 30 minutes give or take.:yum:

Patience is one virtue I have never been gifted with an abundance of.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's our annual fishfry at the church today. I USED to serve at it and help out all day. Pretty much useless now. Can't do much to help anymore.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Getting things together for Easter Dinner. Have some folks coming over. Made Banana Cake w Cream Frosting and a traditional Easter dessert for us Rice Pudding.

Then I washed and waxed the truck and now I am tired. :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up, started preparing food for tomorrow. Then went out to do some wine shopping while the girls went to have their nails done. Picked up a case of assorted wine to take home.

Grabbed lunch, now back at the AirBnB house just outside the WF campus. Cooking more for tomorrow.

Also found a possible dog. Not an Akita. This one is an Australian Shepherd. A little longer fur, but a little smaller of a breed. 50-60# instead of 90#+ This is NOT a rescue. There is a breeder not far from our home. He has pups.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The bunny is hiding the eggs for the kiddies. I've been sitting in pain all evening with my foot flared up again. I hate this crps. Feels like my whole foot is a blister ready to pop.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to Rotary recycling at the Walmart car park. I've been doing this for years and years. It's a chance to get together with old friends and BS each other. :clap::clap:

Came home and set about mowing. It took all afternoon but I got it done. Sorted out the well pump and turned on the lawn sprinklers. If I get it wet enough I may not have to do anything tomorrow. :smile:

I'm told that I'm going to Easter Services tomorrow. Christ may have risen, we'll see if I can!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to our vigil mass last night (packed)!
Was going to go again this morning but won't be doing that.

Jeff and Kasey will be stopping in to eat and visit later this afternoon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the 10am service along with all the twofers(ones that only go to church Christmas and easter) and think they are better than the rest of us. Went for a visit with my family for an hour or so. Now home with my foot up as it's already flared up.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The weather cooperated even though the forecast said rain/storms.

19 of us in all (plus one darling mini-Pinscher named Eliza Jane) with plenty of food to go around and some to send home with guests.
Nice to have family around me and some new peeps I'd never met.

Jane and I just finished the dishes and cleaning up the house.

They have MC Music Choice blaring in the living room television, so
I made my way the quiet place (but I can still hear it in here) lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_3l7H0wSXQto"]Aerosmith - Dream On - 8/13/1994 - Woodstock 94 (Official) - YouTube[/ame]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to Easter Service this morning. Listened to one of the most amazing duets that I've heard in a long, long time. The choir master has a beautiful voice but a lady who recently retired to our little town with her family sings in the choir. She toured with and was a back-up singer for Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker on their TV show for years. I know, I know but she has an amazing set of pipes. Absolutely outstanding.

For someone who spends most of their life in jeans/shorts and T-shirts, I kinda enjoy getting dressed up for church. Strange!!!! :wink:

Didn't do much for the rest of the day, just goofed off. It was nice!!!

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our church hires a horn quartet group to play the Christmas and easter services. So we have the organ and choir at the front of the church and four horns playing from the balcony at the back. Occasionally they have someone accompanying on flute. It really ads to the service.

I still play guitar every Saturday evening there. Our band has 4 members. 3 of us playing acoustic guitar and singing and one operating the overhead and singing. We're starting to do some 4 part harmony on a few songs we do. It's a different service and more contemporary and upbeat to appeal to more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.