• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Diesel fuel tank ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey guys ??? I got a chance to buy a 120 gallon deisel fuel tank and 90 gallon gas fuel tank with a built in tool box all in one unit for $150 . It seems like a great deal . Its from the same fella I bought the tiller from . It has a 12 volt DC pump on each tank . I'm thinking it would be great to buy bulk fuel in town and have on the ranch in Idaho. What do you think ? I got first shot at it .....

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey guys ??? I got a chance to buy a 120 gallon deisel fuel tank and 90 gallon gas fuel tank with a built in tool box all in one unit for $150 . It seems like a great deal . Its from the same fella I bought the tiller from . It has a 12 volt DC pump on each tank . I'm thinking it would be great to buy bulk fuel in town and have on the ranch in Idaho. What do you think ? I got first shot at it .....

I'll take it if you pass .............. :whistling:

Pump is worth the price!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thats also what the guy had said and i do not doubt it . The 2- 12 volt DC pumps must be worth more than that . I think the guy just wants the items gone . I think I will give him a call in the morning and tell him I will take it .
Thanks guys !!!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thats also what the guy had said and i do not doubt it . The 2- 12 volt DC pumps must be worth more than that . I think the guy just wants the items gone . I think I will give him a call in the morning and tell him I will take it .
Thanks guys !!!

Those pumps new are $200 a piece easy. Hell I miss read one pump and your getting 2. I want dibs next ............

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Hey Al, I and RNE are your nearest neighbors. What else is that guy getting rid of, that you don't want?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I bought the fuel tank combo . I'll set it up on the little flat bed trailer that houses the 3 phase generator and the water pump that I am setting up for fire control on the ranch . I can just tow it to town as needed and get "Red Fuel" for the tractor .:shifty:
Sorry Cali.....I think I cleaned him out of stuff . I missed a sickle bar mower by 2 days ....:doh::sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Al, to be legal you will have to placard that tank setup. Anything over 110 gal. CAPACITY has to be labeled. Just a heads up as the placards are cheaper than the fine.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Al, to be legal you will have to placard that tank setup. Anything over 110 gal. CAPACITY has to be labeled. Just a heads up as the placards are cheaper than the fine.

I think it already has them in place . I'll check . Thanks for the reminder !

I usually come across these kinds of deals about once a year ! This was my best one yet I believe . 3 Weeks ago I found a self propelled Man lift Boom at is all electric and travels to 35' high for $2000 .Runs and works perfect !

Its been a good year !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just went and picked up the fuel tank . $150 . I think i did good.:unsure::smile:
I'll go pick up some paint and give it a good cleaning before repainting it . .It has a big lockable tool box , 110 gallon deisel and 90 gallon gas tanks .

Attachments

• tractor .jpg
    tractor .jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 131

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
You reminded me that I really need to upgrade from my 300 gallon diesel tank I have in my barn to a 550 gallon tank. I'd actually purchased a 550 gallon tank from Rural King on a "clearance" sale only to find out when I got it home that the entire inside of the tank was covered with rust so bad that it was flaking off. Obviously we all know what that could do to fuel pumps and fuel injectors, so back it went. Heck, I just figured what it takes to just fill my equipment's tanks once; excavator 40 gallons, track loader 24 gallons, JD tractor 38 gallons, Grasshopper mowers 8 gallons each (2 of them) smaller tractor 16 gallons and a small diesel generator 7 gallons. That means I can really only fill each piece of equipment twice per tank full. :sad:

I really need a 90 or hundred gallon tank for the back of my pickup to fuel my equipment when I'm using it at my remote property. Besides cumbersome, my four 5 gallon Jerry cans for diesel don't seem to go far when I'm running my tractor and track loader. I suppose now in the "off season" I ought to check out Craig List and eBay to find me a deal if possible. I know I paid about $150 for the 15 gal a minute Fill-Rite pump and another $75 or so for the meter when I set it up on my 300 gallon tank. I think the 12 volt fuel pumps were a little less and I don't see a need for a meter. Still, the last time I looked it was going to cost me about $500 for a 90 gallon tank and roughly another hundred or so for the transfer pump even with me already having a spare nozzle and hose. As long as you make sure you clean it well and get you a good filter setup you got a great deal. Heck, I forgot to add the price of a filter to my above 90 gallon setup. Ugh!

lowell

Dargo you might look in to getting a used fuel tank off of a semi I picked one up a couple of months ago for 35.00 it will take about 50.00 to have mounting legs and the rest of the fittings I want by the way this is a 150 gal tank

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo you might look in to getting a used fuel tank off of a semi I picked one up a couple of months ago for 35.00 it will take about 50.00 to have mounting legs and the rest of the fittings I want by the way this is a 150 gal tank

Thanks, but right after that old post I bought a 110 gallon "L" tank for the back of my pickup that included all of the hoses, fittings, Fillrite pump and meter. Times are hard and I paid $100 for everything from a contractor who was having a "fire sale". I bought several other items from him as well. I've probably pumped over a thousand gallons through that tank so far with zero issues. I've since seen several other 100 or so gallon transfer tanks with pumps and all listed for around what I paid or just a little more. I'm obviously well pleased with it and it allows me to beat the crooks with the fuel services in my area. For over 6 months now it's been cheaper, by far, to buy on road diesel at the pump than non-taxed off road #2. At fifty cents or so a gallon less, it's worth it to make the three mile round trip to my local fuel station and tote 110 gallons at a time to fill my 550 gallon tank. The setup I got with my 110 gallon tank even has the locking handle with auto shut off. :thumb:

At home I would have no use for any tank less than 300 gallons or so. Three pieces of equipment I own take over 50 gallons to fill. Hit them all once if they're about empty and I'd need more than 150 gallons. That makes even my 300 gallon tank a bit of a PIA to keep filled. I just use it for my mowers and no tractors. I have my 550 gallon tank in my other barn and use it for the other equipment.

TuthillCorp

Just went and picked up the fuel tank . $150 . I think i did good.:unsure::smile:
I'll go pick up some paint and give it a good cleaning before repainting it . .It has a big lockable tool box , 110 gallon deisel and 90 gallon gas tanks .

Hello Al,

Those are some older Fill-Rite 12 VDC pumps that you have on those "new" tanks.

If you run into any issues with these pumps, or have any questions, please let me know. Be happy to help out if I can.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
TuthillCorp,

I have a Fill Rite pump like Al's, on a 300 gal portable. Had it for years and cann't count how many times it has pumped out the 300 gal...

So what wears out on these? And when it is time, is there a 12V pump available with more flow?

Regards, Kirk

TuthillCorp

TuthillCorp,

I have a Fill Rite pump like Al's, on a 300 gal portable. Had it for years and cann't count how many times it has pumped out the 300 gal...

So what wears out on these? And when it is time, is there a 12V pump available with more flow?

Regards, Kirk

Hello Kirk,

Thanks using our product for your fuel transfer needs.

Typically, the rotor and vanes are the wear parts in the pump. Depending on how you operate the pump will depend on how long these parts will wear. We have tested the pump to over 150,000 gallons before the vanes needed to be replaced. If you run the pump in bypass (the motor is running and the nozzle is closed) a lot, the number of gallons will be decreased.

Yes, we do have 12 VDC pumps that will give you more flow. We have the standard FR1210C which pumps at 15 GPM with a 12' x 3/4" hose and manual nozzle. We have the FR4210D which will give you right at 20 GPM with a 12' x 1" hose and manual nozzle. We have just released the FR3210B which will give you right at 24 GPM with an 18' x 1" hose and our Ultra High Flow Automatic Nozzle. If you were to use a manual nozzle, the flow rate would be better than 25 GPM.

Thanks for your post, and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
Jeff