• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

9/11 in Jordan at 3 American Hotels

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sure all of you know that Jordan was hit yesterday, 3 bombs, 3 hotels, probably by Osama & his band of killers.

Did you also know that in Jordan when they write the date of the year they write the DAY FIRST followed by the MONTH? So yesterday in Jordan, it was 9-11.

Now for those of you who might be confused and think that Jordan is just another Arab nation that hates the USA, I'd like to give you a bit of an update. Jordan is a middle eastern nation that does NOT hate the US. It does NOT even hate Isreal (although I would not call it a good friend of Isreal). In fact, Jordan and the US have been allies for a very long time, they have one of the best intellegence gathering services in the world and certainly in that region, and they have helped foil many attacks on not just the US, but also helped England, Spain, Australia, and probably even the damn French.

Jordan was attacked because it is our friend.

Let your heart go out to them and lend them a hand if you have the opportunity to do so.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank, I'm so full of shit sometimes I even amaze myself. But in this case I actually was a political science major in college. My area of concentration was terrorist groups and counter terrorism studies. While much of the focus was not on the middle east at that time (roughly 1980) I was interested in that region and was invited to Saudi Arabia by the royal family to study in one of their universities (but unfortunately had to decline). I was also offered a one semester study program at a university in Beruit, but I declined that one out of fear.

BTW, it should also be noted that the Queen of Jordan is an American.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is interesting. I knew they reversed the month day order, but it did not occur to me that for them it was 9-11. Good post Bob, and thanks for pointing that out.