• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Turkey Fryer

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just finished building my new turkey fryer.

Ordered it from Amazon.com and looked at all the reviews before ordering. This is one that had one of the highest rankings in the reviews. Cost was right under $100.

This thing was clearly designed by someone holding a beer, and the instruction manual is from China. Not a good combination. Hillbilly engineering combined with Chinese construction.

So this thursday, mid-afternoon, if anyone hears an explosion coming from the NW Indiana, or worse yet sees a mushroom cloud rise over the horizon, please do me a favor and do a "wellness check" on me.

I'd say that, based on material quality, this thing is worth about 1/3rd of what I paid for it :ermm:

It will be lightly, not even planning to fry a turkey in it on Thursday. The goal is to roast the turkey in the oven, but to fry a duck in the turkey fryer.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shoulda just went to Wally World, you probably got the same Chinese stuff they sell. Got mine there a few years ago. It's done a bunch of turkeys and they turn out just fine. The fryers holding up fine too and gonna do 2 turkeys Thursday morning ..................

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Please let me know how the duck turns out! Never thought of frying one whole...

I love a good domestic duck, and what can be made from it.:smile:

Duck fat is magical stuff too..:wink:

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have fried ducks in the fryer we have at the cigar lounge, they turn out great!

I hear that you can deep fry a whole HAM in one too. Apparently its tastes a lot like bacon on the outside, and is a nice juicy ham on the inside.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have fried ducks in the fryer we have at the cigar lounge, they turn out great!

I hear that you can deep fry a whole HAM in one too. Apparently its tastes a lot like bacon on the outside, and is a nice juicy ham on the inside.

That HAM idea with a good bone in ham would be great!!:biggrin:

Regards, Kirk