• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big Al was you watching over??

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Been a long week like it is,sadly no Dr rum to to entice this saga just a few buds and a old man,

sadly like you all the week started in a rather somber way(i say shit) with the sad news of Big Al passing,he was a good man to which i would hassle time to time with my thoughts to which he never failed to reply with his honest opinion,like it or not i got it but it was always in a good polite manner.

i will continue this i promise.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We may have to get together and all raise our glasses and choke down a "Dr Rum" in his honor.

I can't imagine it tasting good, but I will do it for him because I know he would do just about anything for any of us.

I still can't believe he is gone. Honestly without him joining me here at the very beginning of when I started the Snowcat forums I don't think there is any way that we would have gotten so many other members and become the primary source of information for so many old/orphan brands of Snowcats. He will be missed for a very long time.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll also miss him. Now we must take turns ranting about something he would have.
Mike

Galvatron

trust me this is getting weird,there is a wedding dress hanging in my bedroom,so i found when i awoke from my nap,near shat myself thinking there was a damn ghost in the room,and also a note to say take care and make sure you deliver these in the morning...?? dazed and slowly waking i have remembered my good neighbor and friend gets married tomorrow ...shat myself again as i been away with the fairies all week thinking of other things.

i have to grab a picture so you know im not bullshitting :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Galvatron

by the way im in the shit house for telling the bride to be her fake tan makes her look like a wannabe terrorist:yum::yum::yum:....made the groom fucking laugh and hit the gas to his parents :yum::yum::yum:

Galvatron

as promised here is the wedding gown,moved it to another room with the wife it was to freaky yet tempting to try on:yum::yum::yum:

stick with me on this story it does have a point i promise.

Attachments

• SDC10742.jpg
    SDC10742.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 180

Galvatron

back on track....did i ever mention there was not 1 but 2 Big Al's in my life???

The first was my father Alan Richard aka Big Al to all that worked with him to which i did,i lost him many years ago when i was just a puppy,i was 24 he was only 52 when he passed over to the big pond in the sky,i told our Big Al this in a PM and how he was my new Big Al not long after joining FF but im sure he just thought "ass kisser":yum::yum::yum:

When the news of Big Al come about i done what i done when my one passed,went to the garden and looked up at the sky for the brightest star,and this is all fact not fiction,i felt so much sadness yet a purpose to try harder.

A day later my phone started to buzz more so than it did in the past year with my daughter Elisha who had become very distant from me to say the least,tearing up i will continue this later

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I for sure have been thinking about Al a lot this week. He is looking down from above without a doubt.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
its amazing how a guy who gave the perception of a grumpy old man touched so many. he really wasn't grumpy he just told it how he sees things with out trying to sugar coating it.

Galvatron

long day today with this wedding lark,not only have i had to watch over the dress to which i was tempted to try on but i also got entrusted with gifts and flowers from the groom,i dont like pressure,but the bride i must say was stunning,amazing how some things scrub up if you put the effort in:yum::yum::yum:

back to the point,my daughter i have always told her that she never takes abuse from anyone...to which she felt she needed to call me,her boyfriend and his gran had started to use my daughter as a punch bag,yep his gran as-well game over,

gotta split i need to shave:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Galvatron

My children are the world to me and my wife, when our first was born we made a promise to each other we would give our children a better life than either of has had,this would mean no abuse of any kind as we had both seen our fair share of it when we were kids,so with this in mind and hearing that our daughter was suffering abuse we both had our blood boiling,now to be honest as i have got older i have softened but hearing how my daughter had been slapped in the face by her partners gran fired up the old me,to be honest i myself dont even like the old me as he is lets just say capable of just about anything when the correct button is pressed.

Late thursday night my daughter called,she was brave in that call as she done something she never liked to do,stubborn she is just like me and dont like asking for help,but she did ask,"Dad....please come get us i want to come home if you and mum will take us"....she was broken,i cry as i write this bit as no one had the right to break one of my children.

That night i swear was the longest of my life,i swear time just stood still,we arranged to to pick up our daughter and granddaughter the following morning and we would leave at 8am,i just sat out the garden all night looking up at the stars chatting to 2 Big Al's expressing my anger and praying for guidance as i had kinda lost my path of calmness, when angry it is so easy to forget the bigger picture,i could hear my father saying "don't drive angry son and drive with your mirrors"...WTF was that all about?? and Big Al saying "invest invest invest,do you know my chest is 42inches"...yea he needed that big chest to fit in such a big kind heart i guess,it is funny how you think of the most random things when your pissed off,both of them were good company that night,i do hand on my heart believe they were there with me,dad with his cigarette and Al with his Rum and Dr pepper,i do kinda hope they have met they would be good friends up there knowing dad could talk a good job and Al would do a great job.:smile:

Leni

When I married I was told that I could always come home. Told my kids the same thing. The daughter came home and lives with us. She is totally disabled. Proud of you that you are also providing a place of refuge for your child.