• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why I don't eat at . . .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:whistling:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 8.39.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 8.39.45 PM.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 327

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
When I want Mexican, I go to a grocery store called La Perla in Benton Harbor. In the back, they have a real Mexican restaurant. They even make their own Horchata and Tamarindo soft drink (yummy).

I always get a steak burrito. Mostly meat, with a little sauce and greens and the normal stuff, but mostly meat.

A few weeks ago, for the first time in many many years, I stopped at a taco Bell. Ordered a burrito. Oh my God what a horrible concoction! A tortilla filled with gross refried beans or some such thing and a dobble of meat. I threw it out. How can people eat that crap?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a Taco Bell in our little town. I can honestly say that in the 17-years that I've lived here and the 18-years that I visited before settling, I have never set foot in the place. There are just too many good mom and pop Mexican places around here without having to resort to Taco Belle.

loboloco

The best place to get Latino food(unless you are married to a latina) is the small latino supermarkets with food counters.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The best place to get Latino food(unless you are married to a latina) is the small latino supermarkets with food counters.

I'll add to that. There's a filling station that we stop at in southern Colorado on the way to Durango that has an attached restaurant/take out that serves some of the best Mexican food that I have ever eaten.