• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Happy Easter to all

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This youtube video beautifully illustrates the special Holiday.

Enjoy your families, have a wonderful Easter.

I hope you enjoy the video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guhr0Vh2hE0&app=desktop"]Kelley Mooney's spiritual lyrical adaptation of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" - YouTube[/ame]

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Easter to you too.

We went to service Thursday eve. It was very sombering. Every year, our church holds a service thursday eve to mark the beginning of the crucifixion, death, and resurection. A black cloth is placed over every cross in the church to remind everyone that the next few days marks a period of mourning as well as giving people a sense of what it would be like if Jesus had never been. Yesterday morning we were back at the church at 9am for a small service which is more or less a play in which all of the objects involved in the crucifixion are described. Our church also does a silent vigil in which someone is there infront of the cross at all times from thursday to saturday at 2pm. I didn't take part in the silent vigil. Paritioners all take turns in silent prayer for an hour each.

I'm also part of the men's club at the church. We get together every 3rd saturday and have breakfast at the church and have a presentation. Our men's group hosted a huge fish fry tonight at the church. We had over 200 people come. All the proceeds raised from the entry fees are donated. Not a single cent is kept by the church. So I spent the afternoon today helping get the fish fry ready then helped serve the tables for the first sitting. At 6pm, I headed upstairs to finish getting setup as I'm part of the saturday music team at the church. At 7:30, we had a candlelight service(which I played guitar at and sang) along with a double baptism. I play guitar and sing every weekend. Just got home at 9pm. We will be back at the church in the morning again for the regular service.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Easter to you too.

We went to service Thursday eve. It was very sombering. Every year, our church holds a service thursday eve to mark the beginning of the crucifixion, death, and resurection. A black cloth is placed over every cross in the church to remind everyone that the next few days marks a period of mourning as well as giving people a sense of what it would be like if Jesus had never been. Yesterday morning we were back at the church at 9am for a small service which is more or less a play in which all of the objects involved in the crucifixion are described. Our church also does a silent vigil in which someone is there infront of the cross at all times from thursday to saturday at 2pm. I didn't take part in the silent vigil. Paritioners all take turns in silent prayer for an hour each.

I'm also part of the men's club at the church. We get together every 3rd saturday and have breakfast at the church and have a presentation. Our men's group hosted a huge fish fry tonight at the church. We had over 200 people come. All the proceeds raised from the entry fees are donated. Not a single cent is kept by the church. So I spent the afternoon today helping get the fish fry ready then helped serve the tables for the first sitting. At 6pm, I headed upstairs to finish getting setup as I'm part of the saturday music team at the church. At 7:30, we had a candlelight service(which I played guitar at and sang) along with a double baptism. I play guitar and sing every weekend. Just got home at 9pm. We will be back at the church in the morning again for the regular service.

You put me to shame.

I went to our once a month recycling in Walmart's car park on behalf of our local Rotary club and people kept on wishing me a Happy Easter. I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I've been so wrapped up in my own little world since New Years, when I got sick, that I didn't know what time of year it was. It's time I rejoined the land of the living.

Happy Easter to everybody and to echo Bob, enjoy your family and loved ones. In the end, they are that really matter.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes , it is time to reflect on our beliefs and spend some precious time thanking our LORD FOR WHAT HE GAVE , SO THAT WE MIGHT LIVE IN HIS KINGDOM ,
So mote it be ....:smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Easter to All.

Attachments

• EasterEggTree.jpg
    EasterEggTree.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 83

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a visit from the Easter bunny this morning then headed off to church. They bring in extras for the choir for Easter. Our choir normally is about 15 people. We had 5 extra people today along with two trumpeters and our regular organ.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk