• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Celebrating Julia Child's 100th Birthday

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
In 4 days she would have been 100 years old.
On the cooking forum I posted this a couple of days ago.
73 views and 1 reply.
Are you kidding me?
One reply? :rolleyes: :confused:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e86VfUKTU9U"]Celebrating Julia Child's 100th Birthday | Sweet Child Of Mine - YouTube[/ame]

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my idol. God Bless Julia Child. i hope they have a tribute on 1 of 'da food channels. i luv her so dearly. where was the post- i saw it not, lollie~ i'll look, tho.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I grew up watching The French Chef. My mom and I often watched it together. My daughter learned of her only through the movie Julie & Julia, but shortly after watching that movie as a family she ordered a bunch of French Chef and Cooking with Julia DVDs.

She was a great comic, despite her efforts not to be. Wonderful personality. Great entertainment, probably a pretty good cook. She certainly did a lot to demistify the processes of French cooking and bring it down to the level of the average housewife.

She is missed.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I grew up watching The French Chef. My mom and I often watched it together. My daughter learned of her only through the movie Julie & Julia, but shortly after watching that movie as a family she ordered a bunch of French Chef and Cooking with Julia DVDs.

She was a great comic, despite her efforts not to be. Wonderful personality. Great entertainment, probably a pretty good cook. She certainly did a lot to demistify the processes of French cooking and bring it down to the level of the average housewife.

She is missed.

bought her dvd's yrs. ago- have yet to open the 1- so they'll always be there, showin' her recipes. get new items as needed. :flowers: missin' school rocked~ pbs.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I first fell in love with Julia at a very young age.
Watched her on PBS on Sunday afternoons... learned some cooking skills from her too.

Her sense of humour along with making it all look so easy (even when you botch it bad) was truly an inspiration!

She, my Grandmother and sister Mary Robert Clare (home economics grade 8) were the 3 who inspired me to get in the kitchen and learn to enjoy cooking.:biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The thing I remember about her was the wild interviews she did on some talk shows. Her show had some hilarious moments as well. She was the Montyu Python of the kitchen when thing went to crap on her.:flowers:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm Honest-To-God weepy. i'm so grateful she graced us.
Here ya go Aubs..:wink:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ZrUI7RNfI"]Julia Child Remixed | Keep On Cooking | PBS Digital Studios - YouTube[/ame]

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
lollie! i'm dabbin' my eyes once again so as to not hafta put my mascara on again.:yum: yo~

Umberto

I'm a fan and have three of her cookbooks. Her brownie and ice cream dessert is to die for. Recently I made her sorrel soup and time to do it again now the sorrel has grown back.

Umberto

Well, I wouldn't say she was a spy but she certainly served her country well. I do miss her and use her cook books frequently. Her chocolate brownie dessert will be on the menu Friday night. ;-)