• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier 252 skidozer

treeeman00

Ok so I was going to go look at a 1742 tucker but called the number and it turns out that the page I was viewing was a very old web page and that they hadnt had that machine for years. Well there goes that but I found another machine im very seriously considering. Its an older br252 skidozer. He wants 2000 but im sure I could get it cheaper. He said it has sat for 5 years and it ran fine when it was last parked. It is missing one track but he said he thinks he has it somewhere. Its not perfect and looks to have a little rust on the cab but not bad. Do you guys think this would be a good buy?

brianf

rust on cab is normal the factory used lots of bondo and over years it will crack, 2000 is good price if you can get both tracks, as if one is missing it will almost cost 1 to 2 thousand for replacement ones, check rear end for water , that will be the largest repair cost if needs rebuilding, rest is fairly simple

treeeman00

do you know what size it takes to check the oil on the rear end? Are parts still readily available for these? I forgot he said it needs a few new tires and rims

brianf

there is a dip stick to check rear end not to sure of drain plug size until I check my machine, taking out drain plug for small sample is way to go as most water goes to bottom after sitting for long time,tires are fairly cheap just use 8 ply trailer tires or you can buy more expensive snowcat tires, foam fill if you want,but not ness. but I run solid tire on front axle.as it takes alot of abuse and you have to detrack to change ,too much work to save a couple of dollars

rfx

I have one older style 252 track that you can have for free (used to have 2 till some $#@% took one for scrap) send a pic of what you need to match and I,ll let you know if it,s a match
rfx

undy

(used to have 2 till some $#@% took one for scrap)
Wow!

Treeman,

I've got extra rims, if you're interested. Some have filled tires, but the tires have issues. Still, they're usable. Very attractively priced, I assure you.

Also, in case you've got bent track guides, I built an anvil with which to straighten them. IIRC, you're in Iowa, so I may not be too far away near Madison. I'd be glad to share advice and/or the anvil if you're in need. I believe it will work for any size track guides.

treeeman00

thanks brian for your help. I havent went to look at it yest but im planning on it monday or tuesday. ill post pics if I get it. Rfx, that is very generous! I may have to take you up on that! Also thanks undy, I may be in contact with you. Here is the pic that I have that shows the track.

Attachments

• 5N95Gd5Ma3M33Lc3Ndc7g4d07bd68d65a1e4d.jpg
    5N95Gd5Ma3M33Lc3Ndc7g4d07bd68d65a1e4d.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 611
  • 5Ee5Kf5Md3L13Fc3occ7gee879ba3a91f1076.jpg
    5Ee5Kf5Md3L13Fc3occ7gee879ba3a91f1076.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 597