• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

First Ride

79bombi

Site Supporter
Took the first snow cat ride of the year Tuesday night with my son. We went up the road to a farm and also behind the house up a trail/hill I just benchcut with an excavator this fall. The new benchcut worked great and I have not had any problems with erosion.

Anyone use ear protection in bombis? I was thinking I should get some ear plugs for my son.

snowfunpics008.jpg

snowfunpics013.jpg

snowfunpics040.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone use ear protection in bombis? I was thinking I should get some ear plugs for my son.
Mine is not a Bombi, but I think quiet snowcats are a very rare breed! Most sound like shaken tin cans full of rocks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I must operate a rare breed then. No need for ear protection in the Lamtrac or BR160 for that matter. And they are both deisels. Nice thing about the lamtrac though is that the engine is roughly 5-6 feet behind the cab so you don't hear it. All I hear is the humming of the hydraulics along with the radio.

But, going back to the question about hearing protection in the bombi. I would probably recomend some type of protection. I ran one for a season back in the early nineties and found it a bit loud in there.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
BroomguyNWO
Totally diffrent class of snowcat. Ours actually run on the snow. And yes you should get your son some ear plugs.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
GroomergitNWOs Lametrac is so quiet that he can't hear when the bearings are burning up, the wheels are falling off, and when the track disintegrates. :smileywac

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We all know how quiet Wilson's Krusti is...............barely made a sound all last winter. When he did finally get around to firing it up, all those fancy siesmic sensor things he plays with all day started going off from the rumbling and klunking his wannabe snowkitty was making.

Oh, and snowops........question for you...........how many Thiokols does a person have to own to ensure that he at least has one that is operational???????

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, and snowops........question for you...........how many Thiokols does a person have to own to ensure that he at least has one that is operational???????

:yum: :w00t: :yum:

That got you 'rep' points! :thumb: