• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for 601 slave cylenders?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Looking for 601 slave cylinders?

Hey, Mainer this icon is for you :beatdeadhorse5:

That's abuse! :evil: You see how harshly the Mainer is treated? And with such good will and intent:wub: of the Mainer to preserve the history, rebirth some classic cats, share goodness and light of snowkitty museums to passers by... so ready for my wings... :puking:

...and you'd turn the poor Mainer to glue just because he beats the dead horse from time to time... it's a long road the Mainer walks.. the horse will be glue several times over by the end of Mainer's journey to resurrect the forgotten Air Force snow cats of years gone by.

Watching your inventory Boggie! Watching...and I don't mean your website! :ninja: Tree cover is no match for real-time satellite power. :brows:

PS... you need to share your icey inventory... s-h-a-r-e.... with all those running cats upthere... and so much 601 scrap metal... I mean... isn't it obvious what should happen next???

grizcty

We do not have any running 601's up there. what is running is a Bombardier J-5 Used for Moose Hunting along with a Bombardier Muskeg diesel 3 man cab
A Otter, A Weasel, A Bombardier Br 110 and a Br 100 plus

Not Really sure any would be for sale they do get use every year. My brother in law is up using some right now for hunting up close to hatcher pass area
and the winter machines are close to Willow

To answer you question we live in Minnesota.

Really got a kick out of the Alaska plate.

As for the Icons is messages I believe you have to enable Them

Hey, Mainer this icon is for you :beatdeadhorse5:

Minnesota - OOPS..

Well as usual, I guess i put my foot in my mouth again.LOL :hide:

Wouldn't mind seeing the pictures, though.

We have snow falling, as I write this. (2")
Hopefully it will go away soon.
Too darn early!!!

Good night.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

OK, Mainer Sob story playing in the back ground..... I guess after I looked harder at the guy running the stick in the Icon ,he looks more like Bobcat than you.:w00t2: So where did the White ghost go then? Yep we wrapped her in a lead blanket covered by camo. and put her on a trailer to somewhere? no tracking device beeping out a trail on her.:biggrin:

That's abuse! :evil: You see how harshly the Mainer is treated? And with such good will and intent:wub: of the Mainer to preserve the history, rebirth some classic cats, share goodness and light of snowkitty museums to passers by... so ready for my wings... :puking:

...and you'd turn the poor Mainer to glue just because he beats the dead horse from time to time... it's a long road the Mainer walks.. the horse will be glue several times over by the end of Mainer's journey to resurrect the forgotten Air Force snow cats of years gone by.

Watching your inventory Boggie! Watching...and I don't mean your website! :ninja: Tree cover is no match for real-time satellite power. :brows:

PS... you need to share your icey inventory... s-h-a-r-e.... with all those running cats upthere... and so much 601 scrap metal... I mean... isn't it obvious what should happen next???

weatherby

Are you in Alaska?
I am, ALWAYS looking.
And would love to see the pictures.
I would like to find/buy a 602 someday.

As for parts.
If you know were I could get a set of original side mirrors. (R&L same mirror)
I would buy them in a heartbeat, and it would make my day.

HI Grizcty I am restoring a 601 to it's original condition, (at least as close as humanly possible in this day&age,) and I have also looked for these mirrors, and after I have looked high & low and talked to every mirror making CO.I could find I could not find the EXACT style. So this is the closest style & size of mirror I could find hope this helps. If you haven't looked at my Restoration Thread you should check it out, you might find it interesting & helpful, it is on the Snowcat Restoration & Modification Projects page and my Thread is called 601 RESTORE. I also had to rebuild my brake bands and the slave cylinders.

Attachments

• Cnv0082.jpg
    Cnv0082.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Cnv0080.jpg
    Cnv0080.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC01918-1.JPG
    DSC01918-1.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 173

socal4t12

Weatherby,,,,where did you find those mirrors? got a part number?

i saw that there is a number of old thiokols up in Alaska,,,,601's. have you guys found any 4T's, or has Mainer sucked them all up? even if they are not for sale,,,i need to contact someone that can get me some measurements and pictures.

also,,,im looking for a part,,,i need the front headlights, and the outer handle to the escape hatch. im sure the 600 parts will work for me. let me know if you find any parts out there, or entire 4T's so i can chat with the owners.

grizcty

Thanks Weatherby,

Those mirrors, would work just fine.
I also need the mirror arms.
Where can I order them from?

That rear end, sure looks to purrtty! LOL

As for your restore project.
I am in love!

Do you mind if I save some of your restore/rebuild pictures?

BTW
How is it possible, to have such a clean shop?????
My old log shop, was built in 1948.
And according to the wife, looks like it hasn't been cleaned out, since 1960!

weatherby

Thanks Weatherby,

Those mirrors, would work just fine.
I also need the mirror arms.
Where can I order them from?

That rear end, sure looks to purrtty! LOL

As for your restore project.
I am in love!

Do you mind if I save some of your restore/rebuild pictures?

BTW
How is it possible, to have such a clean shop?????
My old log shop, was built in 1948.
And according to the wife, looks like it hasn't been cleaned out, since 1960!

The mirrors are from PETERSON MFG. CO. part# 609. The arms are not EXACT but very close, length & diameter are the same as original but these are stainless steel and come with the round base mount, if your original mounts are missing you can use the mount that comes with the arm or buy those stainless L brackets that I have in the pic. next to my original ones ( I will be reusing the original ones on my cat). Those stainless L brackets are bigger and the holes do not line up with the original holes on the cat but will work perfect with those new arms. The arms are from TRUCK-LITE part# 97828. The L brackets are also from TRUCK-LITE part# 97876. You are welcome to print any page off of my tread you like. About that clean garage, wellllll lets just say the neighbors always wondered if I was a little bit weird,:brows: but when I pulled up with that 601 on a trailer and began backing it into my drive that one day, they didn't wonder any more, they were convinced I was totally nuts:yum::yum:

grizcty

Thanks again Weatherby,

I will be looking for them in the AM.

My 601 still has the original mounting brackets on the body.
But, it needs the complete arm assembly, bolt and mirror.
I think, I will get the non stainless ones.
I cant make the beast, look too fancy.

Many of us are very thankful, for your expertise & patience, in answering our questions.

Chris - Alaska

grizcty

Hey Weatherby,

I just found a set, of brand new GI arm assemblies.
And will try them out when Crappa finally gets the right mirrors in.
I crossed over your part# 609 to the Nappa #.
Ordered the correct mirrors, and they still sent the wrong mirrors?
Go figure?

609 part # cross over to Nappa #
LIT Part Number 97807
Description Mirror Head - Universal
Attribute Style Name:Light Truck Mirror, 5 1/2" x 7 1/2",Product Features:For Use As A General Purpose Mirror. Replaces #7041/7075/7057.,
Installation Type:OEM Replacement,Material:Steel Housing,Outer
Finish:White Painted, Steel,Heated?:No,
Height:7.57,Length:5.56",Width:1.95
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

grizcty

I guess it would help, by attaching the image.
Instead of pasting it.:unsure:

Attachments

• Mirror Head - Universal.jpg
    Mirror Head - Universal.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Napa #LIT 97807 mirror head.jpg
    Napa #LIT 97807 mirror head.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 114