• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pardon me......

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
What do you think the President is going to do with the indictment of Libby? Do you think that a Presidential pardon is going to end the question of guilt? Will Carl Rove be indited and what will the President do if he is? Ford pardoned Nixon, but none of the others. Clinton pardoned a felon. Will the President make a pre emptive strike and pardon everyone concerned before they waste a lot of money on a trial????? When President Clinton departed Washington on January 20, he left behind him well over 3000 pending clemency cases, all of which are now of course the responsibility of the Bush Administration. To see all of the types of crimes that Clinton pardoned people for, click here. Pardons are usually done just before Christmas...... will he or won't he... that is the question....

OkeeDon

I don't know what he'll do, but I do have an opinion. I would not hold it against him if he issues a pardon. As far as the administration is concerned, what he did was not all that wrong -- politics as usual. Given that they don't think their farts smell, their attitude makes sense.

I'm watching CNN right now, and they're talking about whether Libby actually knew what he was doing and how serious it was. My feeling is that they didn't give it much thought, and it was negligent rather than criminal. I wouldn't like to see Scooter go to jail for 30 years because he was doing what they considered to be normal.

I'm pleased that the administration is suffering a great deal of embarrassment over this, and I hope that the President's approval rating drops a few more points. It's damaging, and I hope they feel the full effects of it. But, jail and a criminal record? It's OK to mitigate that, and a pardon is the way to mitigate it.

It would make a pardon a lot more palatable of they also cleaned house and make some essential personnel changes, starting with Karl Rove. He is the real devil in this administration.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Rove and the President go back in history to the days before Bush ran for governor of Texas. I don't think that he is going to push Carl out of the oval office. I heard some commentators today say that the reason for Meirs stepping down from being considered for the Supreme Court is a result of Carl being preoccupied with other things and he just didn't put much effort into damage control with her nomination. It is to be seen who he picks next.

Cityboy

Banned
Prediction:

The Bush Administration is tefelon coated. Nothing will come of this issue. The Democrats will waste a lot of time on this and Joe Six-Pack could care less. When the next presidential election comes along, no one will know what the Democrats stand for other than a venomous hatred for George Bush and the Republican Presidential candidate will win again. The Republicans will continue to hold their legislative majority even though they don't deserve to.

Book-mark this thread, and if we are all still hanging out here next election, pull it up and compare it with the election results.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm, "pardon me", isn't that something that Clinton does, for all sorts of criminals as repayment for multitudes of illegal acts performed to help aid him, on his last day in office?! My goodness, if Bush pardoned Charles Manson and all child molesters, he couldn't pardon much worse people than Clinton did!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Hmm, "pardon me", isn't that something that Clinton does, for all sorts of criminals as repayment for multitudes of illegal acts performed to help aid him, on his last day in office?! My goodness, if Bush pardoned Charles Manson and all child molesters, he couldn't pardon much worse people than Clinton did!

Well I'd personally condem him if he pardoned Kennedy. :eek: