• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

gear speed increaser

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Not even close to a snowcat, but hoping for a lead on sources.

My fire district needs a 1:1.3 speed increaser for a PTO fire pump. I can find a lot of decreasers, which are worm drive so they can't be used in reverse. We need about 50HP capacity, needs to fit where existing driveline is, so direction in/out and nearly inline input and output shafts . Fairly small (compact).

I know there must be a off the shelf source somewhere. I can find a custom made gearbox but that's $$$$$.

I've been looking at old external overdrives that can be rebuilt, but would prefer a new gearbox.

Any clues?

Thank's
CT

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will look I think I may have what you need in the warehouse it is a fire pump drive has a SAE mount

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I will look I think I may have what you need in the warehouse it is a fire pump drive has a SAE mount
Boggie, thanks, but the pump has a gearbox on it. What we need is an inline increaser. We have changed fireffighting modes, and need a slower ground speen with the same pump RPM. We can't get a bigger ratio on the pump gearbox, so an oputboard is the closest option

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Boggie, thanks, but the pump has a gearbox on it. What we need is an inline increaser. We have changed fireffighting modes, and need a slower ground speen with the same pump RPM. We can't get a bigger ratio on the pump gearbox, so an oputboard is the closest option

We have set some fire pumps up with hydraulic motors it allows to set your speeds if you use a variable displacement pump real easy

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
is this what your looking for ?
a speed increaser for pto
thQBQCLDV6.jpg

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
is this what your looking for ?
a speed increaser for pto
thQBQCLDV6.jpg
Close, but no cigar. The tractor boxes are almost all 1:1.8 to take a 540 up to 1000 rpm. they also reverse rotation. Thanks, for helping though.