• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

If you could have any car you wanted in this world ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What would you own? I always thought it would be a Big Block 1967 Corvette with every option . AS I get older my taste have changed . I done the Model A Fords , Mercedes SL's, Later model Corvettes , A perfect 1962 corvette , the Porsche 911 Targa , a super custom CJ5 . A few Caddys and a Lincoln or two through the years .
Now,,, I think i'll just stay with my 2006 Ford F250 4x4 diesel King Ranch . It does what I ask in extreme comfort , runs like a clock and has low miles .I like sitting a bit higher at night and the thought of all that steel make me think I could walk away in a accident .
Most cars don't get my attention . Is there one car that works for you and why ??:unsure:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
1957 Ford Thunderbird.

Four Speed 312 CI V/8

Mechanically simple
Artistically Elegant
Large Boot in the rear
No cup holders, blue tooth, or USB ports
Rides like a Lincoln...'cause essentially, it is
Room for one lovely lady to hold my coffee on long trips.
160 MPH capable

$_12.JPG

Classic eye candy.

I had one back in the 80's....just like this

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought my 89 dodge CTD in 89 new. it's a real man's truck. 25 years later it may not look like much but it still runs real cheap.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i miss my 1st car given to me by to my Pap, & another my Mom split w/ me. parallel parking was simplistic once my Pap taught me. we buy chevy, 100%.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've always lusted after a Jaguar XK 120. I almost bought one back in 1984. My Lord, it was a thing of beauty but I realized that in 4 months I was going to leave to come to the States and what would I do with RHD car in America? That's still one of the few regrets that I have in my life.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've always admired the 1953 Porche 356. Sweet car. But, today I would go for a 59 - 62 Corvette Convertible. I also have a sweet spot for the 68-69 Chevelle.

Attachments

• 1953Porche-356.jpg
    1953Porche-356.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 101
  • 1953Porche_ 356 a.jpg
    1953Porche_ 356 a.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 103
  • 60CorvetteConvertableLightBlue.jpg
    60CorvetteConvertableLightBlue.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 59CorvetteConvertableRed.jpg
    59CorvetteConvertableRed.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 62RedCorvette.jpg
    62RedCorvette.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 68ChevelleBlue.jpg
    68ChevelleBlue.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 69ChevelleSSBlueHOT.jpg
    69ChevelleSSBlueHOT.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 98

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I've always admired the 1953 Porche 356. Sweet car. But, today I would go for a 59 - 62 Corvette Convertible. I also have a sweet spot for the 68-69 Chevelle.

That red 62 is just about a exact match to what I sold in the 80's turbo charged and super restored to perfection . Stupid fast !!!!

The black split window is like one I passed on buying for $1875. off the used car lot in 70 .

Wish I had those days again :w00t2:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
1972 Riviera. Black, black.
and if not that, the Bugatti above.
and if not that, then a 69 Mercury Cyclone SCJ
and if not that, then an Aventador
and if not that, then a 72 Chevelle LS7
and if not that, then a Koenigseg
and if not that, then a 68 Canadian 442
and if not that, then an SLR
and if not that, then a split window big block manual vette
and if not that, then a 930 Ruff
and if not that, then a Hemi super-bird
and if not that, then a Rolls convertible, any year.
And if not that, a 59 Caddy eldo convertible, pink, white inside

crap, this could go on for days and days...............

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Since I've been in the States, this is the car I've longed to own. To a Brit it is the iconic American automobile. Every time I watch Barrett-Jackson a tear comes to my eyes when one rolls across the stage. It's the 59 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible. I know it was on someones else's wishlist but it's also on mine.

2c1869b65149de9ca6b3a7853ee3a65d.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This was the car I almost bought in '84. Mine had a brown leather strap across the hood and chrome wire stone guards on the headlights with a removable hardtop. Strange, after all these years I can still remember almost every detail of that beauty.

th

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, ya, any dual cowling Phaeton does it for me too.

And those little throw-away british cars with the don't=let-the-smoke-out Lucas systems.

Christ, if somebody actually made the offer to me - any one car, I would go nuts. Completely.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This is what my son says that he's going to spend his inheritance on after I die. He's doomed to disappointment. I'm going to spend it all before I go. Besides, I've already told him that if I wanted my money spent on a Porche 911 Turbo Cabriolet, there'd be one sitting in the driveway right now. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

th

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I have what I want....Jeep wrangler...drive it every day:biggrin: In 1969 I wanted a vet.....and a new harley road king......bought both....at 6000 miles I sold the vet...2 reasons..it would pass every thing on the road BUT a gas station, and I had to open the door ts scratch my ass or pick my nose!!! The harley had 100+ thousand miles on it when I got a new one in 1982....sold it in 87 to help pay for one of the girls schooling.....every once in a while I stop in at worthingtons in KC and look at a new one.......:mellow:.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
t6he one vehicle I think I would want but I don't have because I have no practical use for it is a vw thing like my dad had. the two things going for it is it has an air cooled vw motor and it was super fun to go cruising around old trails with it when I was young.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Generally speaking, if it doesn't have 4x4, I have no use for it. But if we're talking cars, then any late 60's GTO would do.

images

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
My 2004 Dodge / Cummins dually 4 X 4 does just fine by me. Takes my redneck butt wherever I want tho go in comfort, halls whatever I want to take with me.

I don't need much more.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My 2004 Dodge / Cummins dually 4 X 4 does just fine by me. Takes my redneck butt wherever I want tho go in comfort, halls whatever I want to take with me.

I don't need much more.

So does my 1995 one ton Dodge Cummins. And I prefer it for most driving and what I do for a living.

However, the question was what car would you most prefer out of all off them available.

I love the spirited driving of my Mercedes designed Crossfire. Best fun car ever! But if I could only have the one vehicle......It would not be a Chevy with a Cadillac label, or a common 'vette anybody could own. Nor an exotic Murolango nobody could fix.

It would be the only Ford I ever liked. And one that I could fix.

BTW, Groomer, that Pontiac is nice. Wish I still had one.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i won't say who's- my Dad owns 1 of these, tho. sans a few details.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I still have one of my dream cars in the garage that I have had since high school. 2nd generation striped T/A.... 1972

1972-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-455-4.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That's my wife's favorite car but it'll always remain a dream .... along with my son's Porche. :yum::yum:
I have a friend who had a Red one that I built a custom garage for . He has now sold it and bought a silver one .