• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Transmission dead in the water

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Well this fix has proven to work in the past, hopefully it will work for me. The trans will get flushed, but there is no cooler to worry about with this application. I gotta give this a shot, I don't have the money for a rebuild or replacement. I'll find out when I drop the pan.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So drop it already! Can't you stay after work and drop it so you know better what you are getting into?

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Nope. Noone there to help push it in, then after that it's stuck taking up a lift. When the clock hits 5 I want out. Especially days like today when I am alone and getting my ass kicked from 8-5

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
there is going to have to be a gooler look at the raidator and you will find a loop going through one of the tanks that is the cooler an it will trap crap you don't want back in your trans

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Yeah, if you haven't removed the cooler lines from the transmission, you will break the lines pulling it out, then you will have a few more buck tied up in it....

Normally on the side of the Radiator the fill cap is on is where if you look down the engine side of the tank, you will see two lines coming out, those go back to the transmission, the cooler is inside of that tank.

BTW, was the transmission oil black and stinky? If so that would indicate your clutches are burned out and the piston may have got to where the seals blew out... Just throwing that out there!

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
The valve body/pump has arrived. Now waiting on the driveshaft to hopefully arrive on Friday, and we are ready to play doctor.

vbp.jpg

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
It's a Toyota. No thanks, no Jap crap for me :D. Going older GM with the engines I know, and I might have a bite already...

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that, hopefully you can get the money back on returned parts.

Might me farther ahead though to pull out the trans and have it rebuilt, new converter and you are back in business.

Either that or go to a junk yard and get a used trans and drop it in there and sell the car, you will get more for it running than as a tow away.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you may like to buy americain like me bit it's hard to eat the quality that nissan isuzu and toyota are putting out and don't discount subaru products as for those gm products from the mid 90's i wasn't too impressed with them compared to the ford line up tempos and the tarus were a bullet proof packacge gm of that vintage had to be easy to work on cause they were always in the shop take a look at what your cabbies are driving if they ca stand up to the cab buisness they will stand up to you by te way i would always want a gm truck over a ford but those mid sized fords were good cars

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
you should check out this my dear friend...i have owned one of these and they just keep on going...bargain to be had...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...rs_Trucks&hash=item4ab15cf84d#ht_31013wt_1050

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you. Remember I work a a Volvo dealer. That car, while a good car, with those miles is going to be a money pit and fast. There was one here I could have bought with lss miles than that one, and no thank you on that one, either.

The plan now is to have a nw trans dropped in. I am losing so much money right now by not having my car. The price of the trans with my dealer discount is impossible to pass up, (plus the warranty coverage I will have by doing it right,) it would be stupid not to. I can gt Marilyn back on the road and makng money again.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
"I can gt Marilyn back on the road and makng money again."
Why does that sound like something a pimp would say?:whistling:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
that does make sense m8....if you know the engine is good for plenty of more miles then slapping in a new box is the answer.

try and get a deal so that when they do the work the car gets a full free service on top out of good faith from your boss:wink:

keep us updated.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm actually taking it to the Ford dealer, otherwise the warranty covereage won't be as good. Done a lot of planning, thinking, researchign, and yapping my jaw, this is the best answer.

Galvatron

I'm actually taking it to the Ford dealer, otherwise the warranty covereage won't be as good. Done a lot of planning, thinking, researchign, and yapping my jaw, this is the best answer.

do you not know an independent to do the work with a good reputation...could save loads.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I do, but will lose alot of warranty coverage and pain saving if something went wrong. These days, there is a while slew of paperwork and testing that the installing mechanic has to do so tht the company, be it ford, GM, Volvo, ect, will honor all parts of the warranty, and most independant shops won't have the equipment needed to do this as alot of it is dealer machines sent to them by the manufacturer. It sucks, yes, but I need to make sure my entire ass is covered, not just one cheek, so to speak hahaahaha. I just want it done right, and te dealer I am working with, I have been dealing with since I got the car, (from them, too,) and I trust them 100% not to rip me off.

Galvatron

trust is the most important thing i guess....good luck m8 i hope your sorted real soon.