• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

how many liquids are in a car?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
As we drive down the highway in our wonderful
vehicles.. does anyone know what all the different liquids are that are in most cars?
I count NINE fluids..

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
did you count turn signal fluid?

lesse, oil, trans fluid, power steering fluid (maybe), coolant, washer fluid, brake fluid...

now if your car is AWD theres a whole differnt basket thre, because you may have angle gear oil, chain drive fluid...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's see...

antifreeze
engine oil
power steering fluid
brake fluid
winsheild washer fluid
tranny oil
rear end gear oil
gasoline/deisel

what am I missing?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Let's see...

antifreeze
engine oil
power steering fluid
brake fluid
winsheild washer fluid
tranny oil
rear end gear oil
gasoline/deisel

what am I missing?

Battery water/acid & of coarse beer :yum:. But I dont drive on the roads . :biggrin:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Water mixed in with the antifreeze is the tenth.
Good job, never thought of that.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I think we have a dozen:clap:

"Fluid friction, for example the flow of fluid through a narrow orifice (hydraulics), constitute the vast majority of automotive shock absorbers. An advantage of this type is that using special internal valving the absorber may be made relatively soft to compression (allowing a soft response to a bump) and relatively stiff to extension, controlling "rebound", which is the vehicle response to energy stored in the springs; similarly, a series of valves controlled by springs can change the degree of stiffness according to the velocity of the impact or rebound

K

kermit2

Tires have air/nitrogen.
Nitrogen is a gas, air is a fluid. Gasoline is a fluid also, but who needs it

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
So we have made and answered a trivia question.
"How many fluids does a vehicle have?"

Until further additions - case closed.:unsure:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Considering bulbs are filled with an inert gas "blinker fluid" could exist in the litteral context of this thread! :biggrin:

Wheel bearing grease been mentioned?

Stretching even further, I imagine a few around here have a hotrod with NOS.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A little twist to this......

Who's driving the vehicle? If any one is is the vehicle, that adds a whole bunch more liquids. Blood, water, urine etc....

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
You also have fluids in a lessor amount in the ingnition coils, struts for those cars that have a rear hatch or on hoods, beer in the back seat, windsheild waster fluid (that may have been used), gas was said, but some have diesel, then some diesels have an oil in the injector pump, but some are from the engine oil pumped into them as well as diesel. Grease in the ball and U-Joints, CV joints have a light grease in them. All the sealed bearing like wheel bearings and the like have a different grease...

Oh yeah, and when ever I have had gals in the truck for a trip, they are full of fluids that need to be drained every time I get a good pace going...

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Soft top hydraulic fluid
Self leveling hydraulic fluid
transfer case lube
Liquid crystal displays
headlight washer concentrate
oil in engine mounts
supercharger gear lube
refrigerant oil
intercooler fluid
hydraulic clutch fluid

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
The idea of counting the driver is not in the spirit of the question. It could go on forever. IE: the driver has mercury/alcohol in his blood etc. Also what is in the trunk doesn't count.
So if we count only what liquids are in a vehicle, to make it work, we have this (incomplete) list:
Gasoline
Diesel fuel
Mineral Oil
Synthetic oil
Auto transmission fluid
power steering fluid
battery acid
wind shield wash/headlite
radiator fluid
water mixed in with the coolant
freon
brake fluid