• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Our Girl Tina (AFFitness)

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Tina has arrived in Kyrgyzstan on her 4th deployment, she will be there for at least 4 months. I know that she would love to recieve cards or letters from her FF Family. She really enjoyed recieving all the cards, letters, and packages from all who contacted her during her last deployments. They sure made a tough time easier. If you are interested in getting her address please PM me.

:flowers:
Thanks
:flowers:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My very best goes out to Tina and a continued thank you for her service.

Is there anything in particular she would like? What kinds of things do they most need?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
From a old fart, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate and admire you . Words cannot ever express the graditude we own you .
Thank you Soldier ,
The Allen Hutson Family

AFFitness13

Thank you Big Al for you kind words. and like you said, words cannot express the thanks for the support that you all give me.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Would like to throw my two cents in and say pretty much what Al said... I think that is plagiarism, but hopefully Al will forgive me (I think he is a much older fart than me anyway).

My heart goes out to all of you that are away from home, especially during the Holiday Season. May your time go swiftly and you be back home before you have the time to realize you were gone!

Thanks for your service!

Hope you get to post on here often and can put some photos up! Would love to see what you do there!

AFFitness13

I would like to thank BensPawPaw and Doc for the wonderful care packages that I received today. Thank you so much for the wonderful gifts, the Glade spray is wonderful and smells WONDERFUL, thank you. and I LOVE the pink Christmas tree. As soon as I got it out of the box, I plugged it in. Thank you all for the thoughts, and gifts that you have sent, or planning on sending. I really appreciate it. It means alot especially since it is over the holiday season.
Thank you!!

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Hi Tina i have not forgotten you....we have a package part filled just got side tracked with some things(wont bore you with the details)thanks for posting a reminder.

I promise you will get ours in time for Christmas.

Stay safe:thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you got the care package okay Tina. :thumb: I sent it out the Saturday before Thanksgiving so with the holiday and all involved it made pretty good time getting to you. You are more than welcome for the package. I hope you can have some fun with the toy snake. My wife just rolled her eyes when I put that in there. :hide: It was not meant to scare you. Glad you like the Christmas Tree. My wife picked that out, and got one for herself while she was at it. LOL.
Thank YOU Tina for all you do. All the best to you and yours this holiday season.
Cheers! :beer: :D

AFFitness13

Oh I wasn't posting to ask for packages. I just wanted to say thank you for everyones thoughts :) Yes it really did make it in good time. The mail here is crazy. . . Sometimes it takes 10 days and then there are some that take up to 3 weeks. I saw that and thought of my boyfriend, cause he does not like snakes at ALL!! So I can just have some fun with it :) Thank you so much for the tree, it is on my desk right now. You are very welcome, and for all those that have served thank you for setting the path for those that serve now. Thank you all for the support you lend to me :)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tina,

Another package is already on the way. If you could, let us also know the types of things not to send. Your mom gave me a list but I couldn't find a couple items so I had to improvise. Where I'm going with this (and where I was scratching my head on a replacement) is for something like an air freshener. I discounted the aerosol types because of the flight over there and I didn't get the plug-in models since I didn't know if you had electricity where you need them.

For those sending packages to our soldiers:
Shipping can get very expensive. What I found best is getting the large "Flat Rate" box the USPS offers. They have a version specifically for APO/FPO mailings (and will say it on the box). These APO boxes are flat rate at $11.95 which is $2 less than the standard "Flat Rate" box. Keep track of what you put in the box as you'll also have to fill out a customs declaration form.

Per our postmaster, boxes mailed by December 11 should reach the recipient by Christmas.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good info Brian. I'll remember that next time I'm shipping. I could have saved a good bit if the box you are talking of is the same size as the one I sent.

That reminds me ...sorry for the styrofoam peanuts tina. We needed something to use for packing and couldn't find anything else ...and since we had just got a box with those package peanuts in it we used those. I hate the mess they make when unpacking.

We also sent a box of coats with some gloves and hats. Not sure if we put our name on those but hopefully they find their way to you also. Hope some kids can put that stuff to use. Do you still need more of that kind of stuff Tina?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We needed something to use for packing and couldn't find anything else
Doc,

Just do what I did. Tina requested some Parmesan/Garlic CheezIts. Well, those USPS boxes were a bit too small to fit all the boxes of them so I removed them from the packaging and used those for packing peanuts. :whistling::biggrin:

AFFitness13

Awesome, I will look out for the boxes. The only thing I can say that I cannot use is the smell good plug ins that require 110. We are running off of 220. I have a transformer for my tree that is how I am lighting it now. But we only have one transformer with 2 110 plugs. But that is about the only thing that couldn't be used. The flat rate boxes are awesome. BensPawPaw sent the Glade aerosol, and it got here fine. Before I left, I was sending some care packages to my boyfriend in Afghanistan, and I used the APO flat rates and it cost me less than $11.00. Doc the peanuts were fine, only like 5 of them jumped out of the box and tried to escape. Thank you for the winter clothing also. They are in constant need of those items. They go to the local orphanages and schools weekly to give the kids the clothes. I know they will be put to good use. Bczoom, so I will be expecting a pet mouse in my box :brows:

benspawpaw

hey girl glad you got the smell good spray i know it stinks just being there

thank you for all you do for us merry christmas and keep your head down:clap:

Galvatron

Tina my wife has gone to the post office as i write this to mail a small care package(sat 5th December)...it's not much but you should enjoy....my girls have added a small Christmas gift to represent England....hopefully it will arrive within a week or so but for sure in time for Christmas.

As i mentioned the package is small but we will post often to show our support and respect.

Galvy.

PS...wife just got back and the postage costs from the UK was very cheap indeed....in fact my wife was told if it would have been for a British serviceman/Woman the Mailing would have been free...i never knew that.

Link to our costs http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400038&mediaId=400164

Last edited:

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
John and I just want to thank all of you for supporting Tina the way you have. She is a very special young lady and John and I are so very proud of her. It brings tear to my eyes, knowing that you all care so much for her.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

FF is a wonderful place to be a part of.

I will be posting some new pictures of her either Sunday or Monday..

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Janelle for being a part of FF. FF is a better place because of it.
Glad we can show, in a little way, our support for Tina and all our troops overseas. Hats off to all of them. Spending the holidays away from home in a foriegn country is no fun, as most of us who served know. I'm happy to show a little token of my appreciation.

Galvatron

Is there anyway we can support the troops over Christmas more?? i know some dont have Family sending love and support, can we some how have a list in some way where we can write letters and send cards to them??....not sure how we could make this work?? maybe a list from Tina of Troops that would love a message and do it on a PM service of their mailing details.

Just a idea....and yes Doc i know i have way too many of them:yum::yum::yum:

AFFitness13

Galvatron, If you would like I can send you all the names from the people that came with me here from my home base. I know that even just getting a letter would make alot of people very happy. Also, thank you so much for sending me a box. I am very appreciative of everything you send. No matter how small or large. Words cannot describe how appreciative I am to get them. I had no idea that you could send care packages for free to UK soldiers, that is very cool.

BensPawPaw, I love the spray, we use it every night when we get back from work. It smells wonderful.

Again thank you all for the love, prayer and support.:clap::clap::clap:

AFFitness13

Good morning everyone. I received a package today from BCZoom. Thank you so much for the package. Thank you for the CheeseItz, they are delicious. Thank you so much.

D

darroll

Ok,
When you send a package to a war zone.
Pack it with pop-corn. Our troops can eat the packing.
We loved the packing in nam, felt like home.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you got the package Tina. Now grab that phone card and call your parents to say "Hi and Merry Christmas"!!!!

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Tina received Galvatron's package on Christmas Eve. Perfect timing Mrs. Galvi... She was so excited. We did a webcam session with her and she was eating the Prawn cocktail crisps, and enjoying them immensely
Thank you so much for the gifts.. She loves the snow globe, and was so excited about the short bread. We ALWAYS send her or give her some shortbread for Christmas each year, but she hadn't opened that package from us yet and was over the moon.
Thanks again to all of you who have shown your support of our Little Girl.

Galvatron

:clap: Jan we are so pleased it turned up in time....Tina is so welcome....we knew it was touch and go but this has made our Christmas.....Sharon my wife is so Happy.

Now we are getting to know Tina's likes and dislikes(no dislikes) we are as i type working on the new years parcel......by the way the snow globe was from my Daughters...they admire her strength and spirit.

Can you please PM me Tina's mailing details again i seem to have lost where i jotted it down and have cleared my PM's.

Tina......Thank you.....Mom and Dad done a great job raising you.

Dean.

AFFitness13

I most certainly will be calling my folks with the phone card, thank you BCZoom. Galvatron, thank you for my royal package :) Tell your daughters thank you so very much for the globe. . . I love it. I will be on dipslay in my home when I return :) Thank you all for your love and support.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks too you and all others serving over there i did a 12 month tour in iraq a little over 1 year before retirement.spent the holidays away from home and many people thanking me for what i was doing at the time it was just a job what i sighned up to do. nw that i, retired and the younger generation is carrying on where i left off i have to say thanks because i now understand what its like standing on the outside looking in

Don Erickson Ssg ret.

AFFitness13

I am in charge of 2 recreation facilities. I put together game tournaments and movie nights for the population that is here. It is an okay job. It isn't "placing warheads on rat basterd terrorist's foreheads" as my old command chief used to say. But it is a needed program for the morale.

DDS you are welcome. Like I told someone the other day, yes I choose to be in the military, but I didn't choose to be here during the holidays away from my loved ones. But I am proud to serve in todays military.

SShepherd

I am in charge of 2 recreation facilities. I put together game tournaments and movie nights for the population that is here. It is an okay job. It isn't "placing warheads on rat basterd terrorist's foreheads" as my old command chief used to say. But it is a needed program for the morale.

DDS you are welcome. Like I told someone the other day, yes I choose to be in the military, but I didn't choose to be here during the holidays away from my loved ones. But I am proud to serve in todays military.

Yup, morale is very important for our troops....:clap: