• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WWII Japanese swords $$$???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK . I am left trying to figure out what a lot of this stuff is worth . My Father has a couple Japanese Officers swords from WWII . He was in the Pacific in WWII and took them off of Japanese soldiers . One is about 24 +" long and the other a bit shorter . I believe one has the sheath with it . Do these things have much value ???

ninefinger

May depend on the area but 3 or 4 years ago around Atlanta an "enlisted" sword with sheath in pretty nice shape would fetch close to $250. Look at the cutting edge of the blade and you should see ~~~~~~ . Not quite like that but you get the idea, that will speak to the quality of the blade. Handles must be in good shape.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
But Al, be very careful in examining the cutting edge..just ask ninefinger:whistling:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
press out the bamboo pin on the handle so you can pull the grip off - if the tang is covered in what looks like dark, flaky rust, (forge scale) and there are japanese characters in the tang, it may be worth actual $$.