• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What type of "cat" is this one?

garygaboury

I don't post very often but knowing how much you guys like pictures I thought I would throw these up here.. This cat is located at about 7500' in the coast mountains near Whistler BC. Access is by Heli or Snowmobile..

This late in the season the access is too difficult to get back up so these are the only pictures I'll have until next winter. Any idea what we were looking at? This cat seems to be abandoned. I was toying with the idea of bringing some basic tools and fuel up next year to see If I can make it go...

n569735374_2717962_2458.jpg

n569735374_2717964_3027.jpg

Gary

BTW: I thought I would include a pic of my cat for the winter.. Hope you guys still play nice with a guy in a newer cat...I'd trade it for a KT-7 but the boss wouldn't be to happy...

IMGP0005Small.jpg

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Stripped-down Bombardier J5? I hereby claim 'dibs'! :yum:

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I think he'll give you dibs for the cost of one of your plethora of KT-X's... ;)
BTW Gary, nice photo of the modern cat!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Stripped-down Bombardier J5? I hereby claim 'dibs'! :yum:

"Dibs" ??????? You.......you just...........stay keep yer american arse down in the states and leave the CANADIAN snowcats to us canadians! If that cat is near Whistler BC, then it's in Canada! :punk:

:flagcan::flagcan::flagcan::flagcan::flagcan::flagcan:

Just kiddin! Have at it........too far for me anyways!

brianf

the snowcat has been on top the mountian for 15 to 20 years, was brought in by a group of back country skiers to pull them back up the mountian, never worked that well and was left behind, it will not run or turn over, others have tried, snowmobilers use it a safty gear cache, and lunch break area on the way back to the icefields.

garygaboury

Wow,, I didn't expect a local response... I can't see that cat doing very much good up there in the winter...

Thanks for the info.

Gary

garygaboury

Sorry, The sleds are parked for the summer.. I won't be back up until next year. I can take more pics next year.. I'm sure there is still access for someone who really wants to go sledding and has a really big truck....

Still no idea what it is....

Gary

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Without a doubt it is a Bombardier and without measurements it looks to be a J-5 or a SW64 they both have the same tub the only difference is the tracks on the SW64 they use the same tracks as the other SW's 14.5" wide and the J5's used 16.5" wide tracks both tubs are 64.5" wide hence SW64
in either case parts are still available for both the differential and tracks as in most tracked rigs are your biggest concern thats what makes it function and that is what costs the most to replace.