• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need to buy a new company car - HELP

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Dargo said:
Fine. Be that way. .............................has more beef. ;)

Dargo said:
........... A Kioti is much beefier .............

Where is the beef?????? What is your beef???????? rare, med, well, burned????? Souper Salad????? :moon:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Just thinking here, but are you and I the only 2 Wabash graduates who are not either lawyers or doctors? Seriously the % of grads from 'bash who go into business must be something similar to the market share of Kioti (1%).

Hmm, two guys from my fraternity had their "daddy" give them businesses. Does that count? :beer: I wasn't that lucky. I'm not saying that I wouldn't have taken either of those businesses, but I didn't get one from my daddy. :(

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Where is the beef?????? What is your beef???????? rare, med, well, burned????? Souper Salad????? :moon:

Just being a parrot. :D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well we took delivery of the Passat.

It is a very impressive little car. I took it out for a drive after my assistant picked it up and the little Turbo 4-cylinder was plenty responsive and is supposed to turn out 30mpg to boot. I couldn't quite get it to spin a 'donut' in the rear lot, but I suspect that if I tried a little harder it would have done it.

As far as a comparison between the Honda Accord & the VW Passat, the Passat has more standard equipment, a longer warranty, is rated as safer with 6 air bags standard (not that I'd want anyone to actually test that out) both come with anti-lock brakes but the VW adds ESP stability control. Just playing around with it, I really liked the dial setting on the seat heater to adjust the heat level. I thought the way the rear seats folded down was very well designed, it allows for 40/60/100% drop of the rears, but even with the seats down the rear sun-shade is operational (very nice touch because it helps blocks the view of the cargo). The trunk is nice, it has a low lift over height and is both flat bottomed and very deep for cargo storage. The seats in this one are leather, but all manually controlled. The controls were very smooth and allowed for a full range of adjustment including vertical rise, which is something many manual seats don't offer.

Consumer reports claims it has a smother and quieter ride, higher resale value, with better handling and performance. For the last 6 years the Passat has been consumer reports #1 pick over the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.

I noticed on Edmunds website the owner's rating for the Passat was slightly higher than the owner's rating for the Accord. I've never heard a bad thing about the Hondas and people seem to love them, but so far VW is really impressing me.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My vote:

No on Hybrid (too new - not time tested).
Yes on VW Diesel - How about a Jetta TDI? (I like Diesel)
Either way Honda or VW you can't really go wrong.

Politically I would lean more towards Japan these days as they are more of a friend to the US than Germany is (IMO).

Forget the Kioti, the Hyrdaulic filters rip off too easily and they seem to have weak buckets. The dealers all seem to operate out of double wides too. :moon: