• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2004 Crossfire

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Too bad it isn't like my Mack trucks, where the computor lets the owner limit the engine rev's in the top two gears. That would be handy here....

Regards, Kirk
Well, I do know someone who can do that for you but, for God's sake,,,,WHY?

Currently the car is limited to 156 MPH. It can go 180MPH plus.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Congrats Kirk on the new Xfire for your daughter. I agree with Kane, SSB is the most beautiful color on a Xfire. Right after Blaze Red Crystal Pearl.

BTW, I will take this opportunity to say my Xfire is for sale as I no longer drive it enough to pay it's way in my garage. 2005 with 18K miles. The fourth oldest roadster registered on the directory. :biggrin:

97846CF9-9EDB-4FFE-9BDE-2D05750FED3E_3.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Kirk on the new Xfire for your daughter. I agree with Kane, SSB is the most beautiful color on a Xfire. Right after Blaze Red Crystal Pearl.

BTW, I will take this opportunity to say my Xfire is for sale as I no longer drive it enough to pay it's way in my garage. 2005 with 18K miles. The fourth oldest roadster registered on the directory. :biggrin:

View attachment 66384

I am sorry you feel that way....

For me the car is too small for my frame size. My head is in the roof, unless I let my posture slump a bit, and slide my rear forward a tish..It isn't the easiest fo me to get into or out of either. Our old Corvett is a better fit, and I detest driving it for more that say 400 miles per day. Once in the seat however I find it a very nice driver. Spot on handling, and plenty of go with the stock N/A engine.

Boy the daughter is happy however. It's a lot of car for her age, but she is more experianced for her age driving than most. She is quite capable if she is thinking the right thoughts, and not doing something she shouldn't..This will be her challenge, not doing what other kids want her to do, parking with defencive statagy in mind, and watching the weather forecast to determine if she should drive the old Durango, instead. I planted the seed, it's up to her to tend it and make it grow. I will gently nudge her in the right direction if needed. She sees my old high school car in the garage and she wants that for her and this car. I have put my trust in her, and made a choice that could be the worst one of my life, or it could be the best one. I told her to prove me right......:smile:

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, just because I have it for sale does not mean it will necessarily be gone this summer. I am not going to give it away as I do not need to sell it. Just thinking if the price is right, it will go. We still love the car and agree with what you say on the handling and engine performance. The MB engine is a joy and was the main reason we purchased this car. However, last year we only drove the car five times, hence the term not paying its way in the garage. Insurance is expensive as it is, without paying on something that is rarely driven.

Maybe I need to buy a bigger house like Squerly is building and have a special room just for the Xfire so I can go fluff and buff it during these winter months. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, just because I have it for sale does not mean it will necessarily be gone this summer. I am not going to give it away as I do not need to sell it. Just thinking if the price is right, it will go. We still love the car and agree with what you say on the handling and engine performance. The MB engine is a joy and was the main reason we purchased this car. However, last year we only drove the car five times, hence the term not paying its way in the garage. Insurance is expensive as it is, without paying on something that is rarely driven.

Maybe I need to buy a bigger house like Squerly is building and have a special room just for the Xfire so I can go fluff and buff it during these winter months. :yum:

6 sp or auto?

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I found several on CarMax.com. Click here for an interesting one. The ad says this one is a 2006 in Lancaster, PA; has less than 1 thousand miles; and the price is $19,998. Hard for me to believe it will have less than 1 thousand miles. If it was not listed on CarMax I would think it was a scam.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I found several on CarMax.com. Click here for an interesting one. The ad says this one is a 2006 in Lancaster, PA; has less than 1 thousand miles; and the price is $19,998. Hard for me to believe it will have less than 1 thousand miles. If it was not listed on CarMax I would think it was a scam.

Some were bought and stored on speculation they would esculate in price.

That is a high priced 2006. Perhaps if it is a Convertible and in a few years,,,,,,,,