• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Idiots in pickup trucks....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok,

But you should look at the striped T/A's from 70 till 72...The 455 H.O. is a far cry from your "Bandit of 77 or so. These older engines have all of the Ram air parts from the ram air IV 400 of 67-70. They are worth twice what a "bandit" is, or any other later car, other than the 73-74 SD 455. They are rarer, and command a bit more. But in Pure Stock Racing they are slower as the cars weigh in at 250 lbs more cause the bumper laws changed. They make no more HP that the H.O. of 71-72. The SD engines are the top of the heap for sure and are better able to stand abuse. Internally my engine is more like the SD today. The heads were done by Warren Bownfield at Air Reasearch, and it is fully internally balanced and blue printed to the tune of 2K in machine work in 1980....10 to 1 compression and a rather big cam round out the package. When assembled it was dynoed at the flywheel at 476HP and 580 lbft of torque, at a low 2,800 RPM and it stays above 500 lb/ft till 5,300 RPM and HP peaks at 6K, Not bad for stock appearance with the orginal manifolds in place. But they are factory RAM AIR pieces, and the high rise intake is aluminum too. IF you really new your T/A's you would know all of this already. Mine is pre smog motor and the one's you have owned obviously were not, they were smog motors, choked with pollution controls and the pissy little D port heads. Mine heads are the round port Ram AIR's..

Mark Weymouth in Michigan runs one like mine in pure stock racing, and regularly is in the low 12's in stock configuration, although they run on a glued track. He tells me his moter dynoes at 375 hp, and 500+ lb/ft. of tourge. Not bad for an 8.5 to one motor.

No time to fnd links now, but you sure can, if you've the time...

regards, Kirk

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok,

But you should look at the striped T/A's from 70 till 72...The 455 H.O. is a far cry from your "Bandit of 77 or so. These older engines have all of the Ram air parts from the ram air IV 400 of 67-70. They are worth twice what a "bandit" is, or any other later car,...

Sorry, but I flat have to call :bsflag2: on that one. You'd have an extremely hard time buying a really nice all original 1979 T/A with the factory 403ci (not the more common 400) in it for under 50 grand. That's definitely one car I made a HUGE mistake in selling. But, what the heck, when I sold it I needed the four grand or so I got out of it. Do a little internet and auction research and you'll have to see why I have to flat out call BS on the values of them. Sorry, markets set the price and they are there to see. I'm certainly no Jay Leno, couldn't even qualify to lick his shoes, but between my dad and I we have a 60X80 barn full of them. Ya never know which ones to keep and which ones to sell when they were new. Example; dad has a 1985 IROC Camaro that has less than 200 miles on it. It's not worth what he paid for it new in '85. The thought was the first year of an IROC...oh well, ya never know.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Internally my engine is more like the SD today. The heads were done by Warren Bownfield at Air Reasearch, and it is fully internally balanced and blue printed to the tune of 2K in machine work in 1980....10 to 1 compression and a rather big cam round out the package. When assembled it was dynoed at the flywheel at 476HP and 580 lbft of torque, at a low 2,800 RPM and it stays above 500 lb/ft till 5,300 RPM and HP peaks at 6K,

Um, you just said that it was a "stock" engine. Sorry, see ya later, I'm outta here on this BS.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What's worse, I sold it about 15 years ago for somewhere in the 3k range. Now ones like it are selling in the 30k range! :hammer:

Yup yet another contradition...:yum::yum:

You'd have an extremely hard time buying a really nice all original 1979 T/A with the factory 403ci (not the more common 400) in it for under 50 grand.

Dude your on another planet here and I am now for sure now done with this thread. all you want to do is run me and my car down...SO be it Your ignorance is getting on my nerves. You don't look, you just say anything that makes you more better or more right. Just another %$#@ with a "fast" Truck and no time to check the facts Jack....:hammer:

Not racing you any more you are undefeated...Happy? I bet you are..

Done and over Kirk

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I Love gearhead fights.

Like arguing about gold.

:thumb:

There's only one way to settle this. Load your respective toys on a trailer and have them shipped out to me. I'll test drive them over the summer and let you know who has the fastest and bestest toys.

:shifty:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
:thumb:

There's only one way to settle this. Load your respective toys on a trailer and have them shipped out to me. I'll test drive them over the summer and let you know who has the fastest and bestest toys.

:shifty:
good one. ive tryed the same aproach with Big Al always wanted him to load his krusty on a hurc and we could do a cool little endurance race say from here to white mountain.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
good one. ive tryed the same aproach with Big Al always wanted him to load his krusty on a hurc and we could do a cool little endurance race say from here to white mountain.

I think it's the only way to go as impartial third party observers. :whistling:

We can start our own business:

DDS & PB's Internet Forum Bragging Rights Testing and Evaluation Inc.

We can start with snow cats, cars, trucks, guns and branch out from there.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
What's worse, I sold it about 15 years ago for somewhere in the 3k range. Now ones like it are selling in the 30k range! :hammer:

Yup yet another contradition...:yum::yum:

You'd have an extremely hard time buying a really nice all original 1979 T/A with the factory 403ci (not the more common 400) in it for under 50 grand.

Dude your on another planet here and I am now for sure now done with this thread. all you want to do is run me and my car down...SO be it Your ignorance is getting on my nerves. You don't look, you just say anything that makes you more better or more right. Just another %$#@ with a "fast" Truck and no time to check the facts Jack....:hammer:

I call your claims complete and total bullshit. I've posted proof. You've posted bullshit. A typical 1979 show condition T/A 59k list 1979 completely stock T/A Restored, not all original 1979 T/A 39k

Where is your proof??? Oh, I forgot, your lost in ignorance.... I was fine, enjoying the banter until you went completely nuts with your claims and then backed up and claimed your car is heavily modified when, a few posts earlier, it was stock. I'll debate someone who will back up their claims and not run off like a ninny when their whacko claims are proven completely false. You wanna play big boy and make laughable claims, be prepared to back them up or admit a mistake. Lost time sheets just don't cut it. :yum::yum: