• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

extrang fold solid 2.0 vs leer trilogy tonneau cover

jo5

Have New Ram 1500 big horn ecodiesel really happy with the truck and need a tonneau cover
On rough dirt roads and lots of snow and would like to be able to easily take it off
Have to be able to open tailgate with cover closed ( snow) so have been looking at folding covers
The extang fold solid 2.0 looks like it is better built and easier to open and close than the leer trilogy
this isn't a snow cat question but it is snow related and it will be getting to my cat for a long time (I hope)

Open for suggestions concerned about snow load ,water leaks , and rough roads
Thanks

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't help you bud because I've never owned one, a Ram or a tonneau cover. I toyed with the idea a couple of times but never followed through so my research is years out of date. It'll be interesting to see what you and the other members come up with.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have New Ram 1500 big horn ecodiesel really happy with the truck and need a tonneau cover
On rough dirt roads and lots of snow and would like to be able to easily take it off
Have to be able to open tailgate with cover closed ( snow) so have been looking at folding covers
The extang fold solid 2.0 looks like it is better built and easier to open and close than the leer trilogy
this isn't a snow cat question but it is snow related and it will be getting to my cat for a long time (I hope)

Open for suggestions concerned about snow load ,water leaks , and rough roads
Thanks

I have a Leonard tri fold cover on my GMC truck. It has served me well for a couple of years with no signs of wear or fading. Easily removed or folded back, never leaked, and only a couple hundred bucks.

jo5

Is it a hard or soft tri fold I'm concerned about the snow load I leave the truck out for days at a time at 7500 ft and it could easily have several feet plus of snow on it

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Simply cannot go wrong with anything made by Extang. I just bought the Trifecta for my truck and I love it. Very well made product.