• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dandelions and other growing problems.....

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Is there a product that will kill only dandelions but not kill the flowers in the flower bed. Also have a problem with grass growing in the flower beds and need a product to kill off only the grass without killing the flowers or bushes. I have tried to pull them out, but some of the grass is so entangled in with the azalea bushes that it can't be done. Thanks Junk......

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
You can put on some rubber gloves and use a bucket with some round-up in it and then take a sponge and dab it on the weeds/grass. Kind of tedious but it will work. As long as the Round-up doesn't touch the leaves of the azalea it should be fine.

PB

buy_25

Banned
I would mix in a herbicide in mulch if you have it. If not, you would have to spary some herb on the dandelions. Dandelions are very easy to get rid of.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Once you get rid of the dandelions you can use some Preen or equivalent (I've seen weed preventing mulch at the Home Despot) to prevent them from coming up again.

PB

buy_25

Banned
PBinWA said:
Once you get rid of the dandelions you can use some Preen or equivalent (I've seen weed preventing mulch at the Home Despot) to prevent them from coming up again.

PB
Preen?? Is that for lawns or just flower beds?

For lawns etc I would use Speedzone,Barricade, Triplet, Momentum FX to name a few.

Best time is to do 2 apps