• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Now, THIS is some pit bull.....

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Rep. Kucinich sues over olive pit in sandwich
(AP) – 1 day ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — Rep. Dennis Kucinich of Ohio is suing a congressional cafeteria for dental damage he says he suffered after biting into an olive pit in a sandwich wrap he bought there.

Kucinich's attorney, Andrew Young, declined to comment Wednesday on the lawsuit seeking $150,000 in damages from companies involved with the Longworth House Office Building cafeteria. A spokesman in Kucinich's congressional office also declined to comment.

The civil suit filed earlier this month in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia said the wrap "contained dangerous substances, namely an olive pit," that a consumer would not reasonably expect to find in the product served. The suit said that Kucinich suffered "serious and permanent" dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures.
Kucinich's lawsuit said the Ohio Democrat bought the sandwich on or about April 17, 2008. He is seeking damages for "past and future medical and dental expenses, compensation for pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment and other damages."

The liberal congressman made an unsuccessful bid for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

Two of the companies named in the suit, Compass Group USA Inc. and Performance Food Group Co., declined comment through spokespersons.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...GAheVg?docId=da6bbe3b020c4955afca544f4e62a461

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He is a congressman with a better health plan than any of us. He needs to shut up and quit with the frivolous lawsuit. This is why we need tort reform at all levels and term limits.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What a slime ball he is. I'm ashamed to say he is a Buckeye.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Who has never gotten a cherry, peach or olive pit? It is the price you pay for having someone else process your fruit. Every now and then one get by without having the pit removed. No big deal.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
He is a bit left of left in my book so something like this from him doesn't surprise me much. Now Doc as for being a Buckeye, I don't know what is in you water supply but it does produce extremes on both sides. :yum:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Is that before or after it is used? I would think the befor would be stored til used....:w00t2:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The Cuyahoga River caught fire while Dennis "The Menace" was mayor of Cleveland, so you can imagine what his long-term experiences are. He's an embarrassment to Ohio, but mirrors the constituency he represents. Can you imagine a District full of little Dennises? Dumber than a box of rocks...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The Cuyahoga River caught fire while Dennis "The Menace" was mayor of Cleveland, so you can imagine what his long-term experiences are. He's an embarrassment to Ohio, but mirrors the constituency he represents. Can you imagine a District full of little Dennises? Dumber than a box of rocks...
Three of us..:yum:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Can you not find a trash can that he would fit in????? uh.....with a tight lid:hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Loved this comment: Thanks to the lawyers involved our long national nightmare is over. :clap: