• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

back country snow cat camp

Sno-Surfer

Always interested in snow camping! In fact hope to do some locally when the snowfall and sunshine cooperate. :smile:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't commit, but am certainly interested. If Idaho doesn't pan out, consider timothy lake or other area on the high cascade byway route?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
did Steve get a new ride for snow camping?

Attachments

• munro018.jpg
    munro018.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 570

vintagebike

Vintagebike and Pontoon Princess are working on making the Wellington leg of McCallin' 2019 an "Overnighter" at the famous Tripod Reservoir or even all the way up to Sage Hen. Just the thing to try out Snow Camping.:thumbup:

“The Five” at Tripod Meadows
21FE5D64-167D-45F8-9A76-E409312B9C96.jpeg

Last edited:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Having snow camped in my dads old canvas tent (worked, but not fun) , and the possibility of doing more in the future with the cat. I bought a new fangled insulated tent. Not very big, but should do a couple of people fairly nice.

Now, where's the snow?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Having snow camped in my dads old canvas tent (worked, but not fun) , and the possibility of doing more in the future with the cat. I bought a new fangled insulated tent. Not very big, but should do a couple of people fairly nice.

Now, where's the snow?

it is all back east, looks like if we want to snow camp, it will need to be in NH or Jim Vermont's back yard

and how do you, being so tall with long legs, ever fit into your snow trac?

forum8fox

Chest deep already here in Colorado. I am fairly certain we will do some overnight trips this year. There was talk of potential to cat to hot springs last night around the camp fire. As well as potential explorations of new areas one of which has a hundred miles of trail between sunlight ski area and powderhorn (Carbondale to Grand Junction basically). This is THE place to be!

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
With the demise of McCall 2019 did this die as well? Or ?? Any one want a February outing in the Great PNW (USA) ?

CT

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it is all back east, looks like if we want to snow camp, it will need to be in NH or Jim Vermont's back yard

and how do you, being so tall with long legs, ever fit into your snow trac?

snow is poor right now for the cats. 7000ft freezing level for the next few days and rain. it is also warm at Leavenworth 40 to 48 F.
i'm going out with a few today but only to 5000ft to test run a special snow trac that only a few have seen. it was suppose to be a surprise at McCall.

jim vt

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
snow is poor right now for the cats. 7000ft freezing level for the next few days and rain. it is also warm at Leavenworth 40 to 48 F.
i'm going out with a few today but only to 5000ft to test run a special snow trac that only a few have seen. it was suppose to be a surprise at McCall.

jim vt

MIchigan welcomes sno cats, and snow tracs alike.......

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
The Frandee would be interested, just depends on when and where, and if it fits in with the already set plans. Thanks!