• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Superbowl . . . if the game continues this way

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, opening play, Bears 6, Colts 0 :yum:
2nd play, Bear 7, Colts 0. :cool2:

My daughter, misguided as she is, is a Colts fan. She is mad at me :D GO BEARS.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Holy crap....10 minutes into the game, and it is wild!

It sure is. That rain is not letting up. More scoring in the 1st quarter than they've had for years. They said it had been 8 years since the AFC scored a TD in the 1st quarter.
14 to 9 Bears! :applause:

Da Bears! :D

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some things seems very clear to me about this Superbowl.

First, the Colts are outplaying the Bears, but both teams are making mistakes. The Colts just intercepted & scored a TD and that may seal the game.

Second, Budweiser clearly has the best commercials.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
All I want to know is...why haven't the Bears been able to obtain a good QB in the last 20 years?!?!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
All I want to know is...why haven't the Bears been able to obtain a good QB in the last 20 years?!?!
Dave that is a silly question. You want a real question, ask why the Cubs haven't brought home a World Series in 99 years?:eek:

Ironman

Colts 29

Bears 17

Under 10 minutes left...

I think the game is over, and da Bears need to find a better quarterback in the future. Rex can't get the job done when needed IMHO. Nothing like the 85 Bears...

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Dave that is a silly question. You want a real question, ask why the Cubs haven't brought home a World Series in 99 years?:eek:

Sure...but I don't care about the Cubs. :hide:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK Dave, well then I guess I should have asked about the Kane County Cougars? :yum:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
OK Dave, well then I guess I should have asked about the Kane County Cougars? :yum:

Your Honor...let me rephrase my statement.

Sure...but I don't care about baseball. :hide:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
I don't care about baseball. :hide:
Oh Dave I think you are mistaken. Rex Grossman is obviously throwing out a lot of "pop fly balls" and "foul balls" tonight. If he isn't playing baseball then the Bears really need to look for a football player as their next quarterback.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The team I wanted to win did. I am happy for Tony Dungy. He deserved it. As far as commercials, Budweiser did pretty good and I liked the one snickers commercial. But overeall the other commercials sucked and what happened, did the network not sell all the spots, most of them were for their own TV spots. The GM one with all the guys running around half nude was funny too.

Drove home from the party and my temp gauge says -19 and windchill is -36 from the local TV station.

murph

jwstewar

I didn't get to see any of the commercials this year (I don't like football nor do I watch it - but I watch the Superbowl for the commercials). We are having new carpet put in the living room and dining room tomorrow. I was to cheap of an SOB :yum: to have them move the furniture and remove the old carpet. So we started moving stuff out yesterday and I finished ripping the old carpet out today. (That is why I'm up now as my arm is hurting from dragging the old carpet. When we were deciding the day to do it, didn't know Monica was working both days of the weekend). Man, it was cheap carpet in the house, but at 62 yards the damn shit was heavy.:pat: So anyway, the house is a mess. Can't even walk into the computer room as that is where the piano, the couch, and the 60" big screen are sitting. BTW, the kitchen as 3 chairs from the living room, coffee table, and Monica's big curio cabinet. Oh, and the dining room table is upset down on the island.

Guess, I'll have to catch those commercials later in "reruns".

Gatorboy

DaveNay said:

If you think about it, Grossman is almost like a rookie. He played 5 games near the end of the season two years ago, was injured all last season. Not too shabby to bring a team to the Super Bowl that quickly -- how long did it take Peyton?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
If you think about it, Grossman is almost like a rookie. He played 5 games near the end of the season two years ago, was injured all last season. Not too shabby to bring a team to the Super Bowl that quickly -- how long did it take Peyton?

Thank you for providing evidence for my complaint....Grossman has been the "starting quarterback" for four years, and he still plays like a rookie!

Gatorboy

DaveNay said:
Thank you for providing evidence for my complaint....Grossman has been the "starting quarterback" for four years, and he still plays like a rookie!
You're right, Grossman has started 23 regular season games in his career -- Manning just a few more with 144.

Grossman should quit.

mak2

I have not got much of a chance to watch ESPN today, but with about 5:20 left in the game the bears had the ball and were down 12. Why o why was Grossman, when he could get a snap, throwing the ball down the middle of the field, eating up the clock. Catching the ball and stepping out stops the clock. Maybe Lovie thinks the same thing about Grossman as most Bears fans I have talked to. Did anyone notice the Bears had time outs left? What is McMahon up to now days. Least he could handle a snap.