• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for T4 parts

Dzlpwrd

Good day. I'm new to the forum but I have a little experience with snow cats. I used to run a Pisten bully PB270 for my local snowmobile club. I did all the maintenance on the machine while I used it and managed to log 150 grooming hours in just over 2 months.

I just purchased an '89 Prinoth T4 for my own use and to volunteer for my club as they have sold the Bully. The T4 has about 7000 hours on it and is in decent shape overall. It needs to have the tires replaced inside the tracks as the previous owner just ran it with no air in them. I have been looking for replacements but really have not found much so far.

I have contacted Prinoth of New Hampshire and they have been very helpful. The Parts man sent me a PDF of the parts manual and is searching for a shop/service manual for me. They said because of the age of the machine they didn't stock much for parts for it but felt that I would be able to get most anything I need it would just have to be shipped.

I have been looking at Resort Boneyard and TTM Snowcats but have not come up with much. I have been checking out this site for a couple weeks and felt that maybe someone on here would know of another place to look or may even have personal knowledge of a T4 that was being parted out. Thank You for reading my post and for any information that you may share.

Attachments

• 20161120_095814.jpg
    20161120_095814.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 538

Dzlpwrd

The Picture was properly oriented on my computer. Why is it turned to the left now? Is there any way to correct it?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It has been a while, but occasionally a T4 has been for sale here. I remember several, and at least one parts machine.

A search of the forum might turn something up, as well as a member here who knows much more about them, than I do.. :flowers:

Welcome to the forum BTW.. :smile:

Regards, Kirk

nikos

Dzlpwrd;20631896]Good day. I'm new to the forum but I have a little experience with snow cats. I used to run a Pisten bully PB270 for my local snowmobile club. I did all the maintenance on the machine while I used it and managed to log 150 grooming hours in just over 2 months.

I just purchased an '89 Prinoth T4 for my own use and to volunteer for my club as they have sold the Bully. The T4 has about 7000 hours on it and is in decent shape overall. It needs to have the tires replaced inside the tracks as the previous owner just ran it with no air in them. I have been looking for replacements but really have not found much so far.

I have contacted Prinoth of New Hampshire and they have been very helpful. The Parts man sent me a PDF of the parts manual and is searching for a shop/service manual for me. They said because of the age of the machine they didn't stock much for parts for it but felt that I would be able to get most anything I need it would just have to be shipped.

I have been looking at Resort Boneyard and TTM Snowcats but have not come up with much. I have been checking out this site for a couple weeks and felt that maybe someone on here would know of another place to look or may even have personal knowledge of a T4 that was being parted out. Thank You for reading my post and for any information that you may share.

Attachments

• snow cat.jpg
    snow cat.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 539

Lost Dad

There was a machine just like this for sale in Oxford Maine. From time to time, it would appear on Craigslist. I do not what happened to the machine as I was not really interested in it. I would say that it last appeared on Craigslist in the early summer. If I get a chance to drive by the property where I last saw it, and it is still there, I will send a PM

Dzlpwrd

I don't think you will find the one in oxford as that is the one I bought. I watched it on craigslist for a couple months before I went and looked at it. I was hoping to pick up a Pisten Bully 270 from Justin Jordan in Kingfield but I didn't have enough cash to make the deal with him. Probably by the time I get this one up and ready to go I'll have more in it than I could have bought his for, but I'll know everything about this one. It turned out that the guy who owned this one was a brother of a friend of mine who I used to buy snowmobile apparel from. I hear rumors of a couple ski slopes in New Hampshire possibly having a couple T4s out in the back 40. So that sounds like a good enough excuse to take a ride over thru the White Mountains.

Contact Chance or Mark at Prinoth Grand Junction, (970)242-7150 when we (Bombardier) took over Prinoth Parts Sales & Service years ago in USA, we had several Semi Truck loads of T-4 parts, tires, wheels, pumps & motors.

Everything that was in Prinoth's Grand Junction inventory was taken to Bombardier in Grand Junction whom later sold out to Prinoth.

Chance or Mark may know where those T-4 parts went or who bought that inventory of parts? so contact Prinoth Grand Junction Colorado.

Regards, Bob Gallegos

Bob~Bardier Snowcat Services LLC
1530 17 Road Loma Colorado 81524

Dzlpwrd

I contacted Mark at Grand Junction and he was very friendly but didn't really have any knowledge of any T4 parts. He had about the same info as Prinoth in New Hampshire as they are on the same page with this old buggy of mine. For the most part I really don't need much for it everything seems to be I decent shape overall. The one thing I am looking for is some tires size 610/145/13. I have hopes of finding some used ones from a parts machine that are decent. The price of the new ones is $250 to $380 so far with what I have found. I have 4 tires that are junk from the previous owner running them without air.

I contacted Mark at Grand Junction and he was very friendly but didn't really have any knowledge of any T4 parts. He had about the same info as Prinoth in New Hampshire as they are on the same page with this old buggy of mine. For the most part I really don't need much for it everything seems to be I decent shape overall. The one thing I am looking for is some tires size 610/145/13. I have hopes of finding some used ones from a parts machine that are decent. The price of the new ones is $250 to $380 so far with what I have found. I have 4 tires that are junk from the previous owner running them without air.

Hard to believe the OEM has no knowledge, I worked for 15 years with Mark at Bombardier and I and my crew of service guys moved the T-4 parts inventory in Grand Junction, that story is straight up BS.

You should be able to get tires at, Fallline in Reno NV or Mountain Services Group in Colorado, Good luck.

Regards, Bob Gallegos

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
f9igured it had to be something like that I saw where they were made in itally thought it may have been deutz or lombardie

Dzlpwrd

I apologize for letting this sit with no further input. As of right now I have almost finished the repairs on the T4. I ran out of time last winter and never put it on snow. Then the summer showed up with too much to do and too little money to do it. So the T4 sat until after Xmas. I finally got it back in the shop and finished cleaning the interior installed a radio and new speakers. I removed the factory headlights and replaced them with 20 inch LED light bars on each side. I also replaced the rotating beacon on the roof with a LED multifunction amber strobe. The two adjustable spot lights on the rear of the cab have been replaced with LED spots. I added a pair of charge ports inside to keep the phone powered up when I am out just incase of a break down I will be able to call for help.

After pricing the tires thru Falline I realized I could not afford to replace all that I would need. I did a bunch of digging and found a trailer tire that has almost the same dimensions as the original tires for $35 per tire. Then had them foam filled so hopefully they will stand up to the abuse. I rebuilt the face of the blade where the teeth had worn off and the previous owner had kept using it until the blade was worn thru on bottom and collapsed on the face. It now has a heavy duty cutting edge mounted to the front. I also built a snow screen for the top of the blade to allow for more volume of snow to be carried when I am plowing. On the heal of the blade where it was worn thru I added 4x6 angle iron 3/8 inch thick that is connected to the face and wraps around the rear. I have pictures that I hope to share on here of the changes I have made so far. Just need to find time to get them posted for all to see.

It does indeed have the Scania engine and it runs like a clock. I am very anxious to get it home and push around some snowflakes before this winter is over and I have to wait for next.

snowcat1

I know this is an old post, but has anyone uncovered where all the T4 spare parts went? When the snowcat side of Bombardier was purchased by Prinoth, I was purchasing parts from a small business (which I now assume was the semi loads that was previously mentioned). That was probably 20 years ago, but I was able to buy just about anything from them, it was a really good inventory. Unfortunately, like many others, mine (I own (2) T4s) were sidelined when they stopped supporting them in the US. That was probably 20 years ago and I no longer have the old contact info from where I had purchased those T4 parts. Was anyone ever able to track down that old inventory?

I have owned my T4s for about 25 years and recently putting them back to work. Many of the parts I have needed I have been able to substitute something that works, but there a are a few things that cannot. I am currently looking for a fan drive shaft (P/N R8705) if anyone has one sitting around they'd like to sell.

Attachments

• Prinoth T4.jpg
    Prinoth T4.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Prinoth rear.jpg
    Prinoth rear.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 20