• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Home made blade?

G

Georgette

Has anyone ever made a blade for their spryte? (1200 series) If you have, and youre into it... post a pic. I want a blade but the shipping is retarded up here. Shipping is usually 4 or 5$ per pound to get here and on a big item like that I think Ill just try to make one. Thanks.:biggrin:

Finding one already made is no easy task either. I fabricated one for my Bombi years ago using a heavy duty snowplow off of my truck and the hydraulics were run of the mill tractor parts which is exactly what Bombardier and Thiokol used back in the seventies. All the snowcats I have had since came with factory blades and really there is nothing special about their construction, especially the Sprytes.

Search through these forums as there are several good pictures of the frame mount and blades for the Spryte and let the welding begin. A pump, reservoir, cylinders and set of valves out of Northern Tools is going to get the job done.