• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hydrostatic or brake steer? Hydraulic expert wanted!

standclear

I have a foremost sure go, it has Sunstrand hydrostatic drive in it but they aren't working the best. She will go forward and back, but she will only turn slowly to the left when going forwards or back. If I want to go to the right I have to come to a stop and do a zero turn to the right. We took the left side pump apart and she look great inside, no wear. We checked the relief valve on the left motor and it looks fine. We took off the case drain off the left motor and hooked a hose to a bucket to see how much came out. It was about 6-7 liters a minute. Seems a little much of my liking. I can't thing of anything else to check. I can't seem to find rebuild kit online. What do you guys think? I'm just about at the point where I'm going to pull the hydrostatic and put a brake steer diff in it.

brianf

you have to take pump into shop to have it rebuilt, no one will sell parts and it is a job that requires special tools and testing to do proper,
you need to do a pressure test on pump while on machine, too see if it with in specs, usally most have some adjustment,
not had too many pumps that failed due to flow issue but best bet is to find someone with guages and experience to give you a hand
downside is this isnt going to be a cheap repair if it is a major pump issue