• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

parting out a 1300 series Tucker?

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
needing a wheel and two spindles

I remember someone saying the 1300 series used smaller diameter spindles than the heavier 5 and 6 bogie carriers. If not, I turned all new spindles for my 542 and have a few of the old ones around somewhere. They are 1 1/4” diameter with an overall length of 12 1/4”. Threaded end is 1-14. Not it perfect shape but runnable with bearing and seal sleeve wear.

Rob

I remember someone saying the 1300 series used smaller diameter spindles than the heavier 5 and 6 bogie carriers. If not, I turned all new spindles for my 542 and have a few of the old ones around somewhere. They are 1 1/4” diameter with an overall length of 12 1/4”. Threaded end is 1-14. Not it perfect shape but runnable with bearing and seal sleeve wear.

Rob

almost! my spindles are 12 7/16th" long, 1 1/4" diameter, - the threaded end is 1 3/8"long and the diameter of the threaded end is 1" - I don't know if your spindles would work on my 1344 ???

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
almost! my spindles are 12 7/16th" long, 1 1/4" diameter, - the threaded end is 1 3/8"long and the diameter of the threaded end is 1" - I don't know if your spindles would work on my 1344 ???

Sounds like they are the same, i thought yours may have been 1” diameter. I will dig out a couple of the better ones and post a picture to see if they are better than the ones you have.

Sounds like they are the same, i thought yours may have been 1” diameter. I will dig out a couple of the better ones and post a picture to see if they are better than the ones you have.

wow! - I was just down through Republic yesterday! - I'll get back to you very soon through message :clap:

'figured out why all the bearings let go at virtually the same time on my 1344 - who ever last installed the bearings put all the seals in backwards - might work ok to keep grease out of the bearings should you happen to be running through deep grease, but not worth a damn at keeping grease in the bearings - now I'm having to replace all of the bearings, all of the races, and all of the seals for a start

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
'figured out why all the bearings let go at virtually the same time on my 1344 - who ever last installed the bearings put all the seals in backwards - might work ok to keep grease out of the bearings should you happen to be running through deep grease, but not worth a damn at keeping grease in the bearings - now I'm having to replace all of the bearings, all of the races, and all of the seals for a start

For a bunch of us that is the preferred way, helps to keep the water out, we can always put more grease in. Do all of your bogies have the seal shields on both inner and outer seals? I did have to replace a few bearing sets and all 48 seals and shields. Mine are greased with boat trailer grease until it squeezes out around the shields.

For a bunch of us that is the preferred way, helps to keep the water out, we can always put more grease in. Do all of your bogies have the seal shields on both inner and outer seals? I did have to replace a few bearing sets and all 48 seals and shields. Mine are greased with boat trailer grease until it squeezes out around the shields.

yes, I think they all have both