• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST4 for sale

I have a 1965 ST4 for sale in Livingston, Montana. I hate to do it, but have another project that has come available so this one is in need of a new home. I have 3 1600 cc engines of unknown condition that will sell with this ST4. The one in the cat now is a 1300. $12,000 or best offer. thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1707.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • snowtrac2.jpg
    snowtrac2.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,082
  • snowtrac5.jpg
    snowtrac5.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,056
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_1865.jpg
    IMG_1865.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • IMG_1868.jpg
    IMG_1868.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,086

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
beautiful all original machine. looks the same as mine when I finished it up. I suppose I should do a repaint on it again some day.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
so the guy with a puppy named Kristi, looking at getting a couple more pups, Snow and Trac
and the machine comes with the dogs...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice machine... :smile:

Perhaps a few shots of the inside and the seats would be of help selling it..
If it has not sold already that is.

Regards, Kirk

luvthemvws

If the engine in the photos is the 1300 mentioned in the copy, then it is an oddball. The cylinder heads in the photos are "dual port" models (and that's a good thing), which were only installed on 1600cc engines in America. In Europe they offered 1200cc engines in dual port configuration, but it would take a crankshaft or piston/cylinder change to make 1300cc.
Overall it looks like a really nice machine.
I only wish I had a wee bit more spare change, (and a fresh "head examination") to justify buying it myself.
Don't you guys dally too long or I'll be able to argue the merits of Snow Trac vs Kristi from both sides of the fence!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
luvthemvws you NEED to buy this machine. Then you have another vw powered snow machine. Tucker built some too. That will be a neat collection. And no antifreeze required.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
If the engine in the photos is the 1300 mentioned in the copy, then it is an oddball. The cylinder heads in the photos are "dual port" models (and that's a good thing), which were only installed on 1600cc engines in America. In Europe they offered 1200cc engines in dual port configuration, but it would take a crankshaft or piston/cylinder change to make 1300cc.
I only wish I had a wee bit more spare change, (and a fresh "head examination") to justify buying it myself.
Don't you guys dally too long or I'll be able to argue the merits of Snow Trac vs Kristi from both sides of the fence!

buy the Damn thing!!!

otherwise, I will....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

Have you bought it yet?

going going going...

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that's a good catch the engine has fresh air heating on it another thing that only 1600's had I think he has a braziallian 1500 0r 1600 in it I have a braziallian engine core that has that same fan box and data plate on it

luvthemvws

It occurred to me that the engine could be a 1966 1300cc engine that has had the dual port heads swapped onto. Pretty much a bolt-on upgrade.
I am sorely tempted, but I am going to pass.
If I buy this I will have to push back my Kristi upgrades another year. I want to get out to a couple snow events this winter and it'll take all my time and spare change to make it happen.
If any of you know someone looking for a recreational snow cat, this looks like an EXCELLENT prospect!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It occurred to me that the engine could be a 1966 1300cc engine that has had the dual port heads swapped onto. Pretty much a bolt-on upgrade.
I am sorely tempted, but I am going to pass.
If I buy this I will have to push back my Kristi upgrades another year. I want to get out to a couple snow events this winter and it'll take all my time and spare change to make it happen.
If any of you know someone looking for a recreational snow cat, this looks like an EXCELLENT prospect!

the kinder gentler mike could not resist.....

Ill wait a bit.....

the snow trac is pretty straight looking, to see the exhaust heat guard there is impressive as well as most of the fasteners around the engine bay as well... even the speedometer cable is there.... nice looking rig.

Now back to the kristi snarkiness. What could be upgraded on a kristi? Isn't your rig the one seen out and under power? If a kristi runs and moves isn't it perfect?

Kristi and Aktiv are about as cool as it gets in the snow cat world.....

Do it....

I was wrong in posting this Snow-trac as having a 1300 cc engine. It has a 1600 cc engine. The engine code is AE 384421 sorry for the error. I will have more pictures and possible a video of the machine tomorrow. Thanks for looking :clap:

More pictures !!! showing fan for underhood heat removal that works and is wired to come on with a toggle switch on dash. receiver hitches front and rear with clevis, fan inside cab on drivers and passenger side, door stop, also non-original windows that lock closed very handed for passing items into the cab. seats are shown and has usual wear, rubber diamond mat on the floorboard.

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 669
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 689
  • snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 677
  • snow4.jpg
    snow4.jpg