• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Turbo tax

mak2

I have had my taxes done by the same guy for probably 15 years. Of late I got the impression he was not doing much. He charged quite a bit. The last starw was a few weeks ago I got a bill for 47 dollars from an error he made years ago. if that was all I would not be so mad. But I have had to pay lots of penaties and interest the last couple of years.

So this year I got turbo tax, seems easy to use and only took a couple of hours and a few beers. We shall see, I compared it to what he sent in last year very similar but he missed some things like tax from cars etc.

anyone else use turbo tax?

loboloco

Yeah, Mak. I have used it for years. A good program and it was fairly easy to do business taxes myself rather than pay an accountant a couple of hundred dollars to do.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have used it for a number of years. It seems to walk you through just about everything. We use the Home & Business version as my wife has an online business.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
An accountant did mine and has for the last couple of years- $40 fee.
Prior to that, I'd gone to H&R Block. Never again.

snow dog

I have had my taxes done by the same guy for probably 15 years. Of late I got the impression he was not doing much. He charged quite a bit. The last starw was a few weeks ago I got a bill for 47 dollars from an error he made years ago. if that was all I would not be so mad. But I have had to pay lots of penaties and interest the last couple of years.

So this year I got turbo tax, seems easy to use and only took a couple of hours and a few beers. We shall see, I compared it to what he sent in last year very similar but he missed some things like tax from cars etc.

anyone else use turbo tax?

Too bad we didn't have this kind of thinking before the due date !

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I have been using Turbo Tax since I started doing taxes on the computer. I am guessing that it has been at least fifteen years way back when with the daisy wheel printer was used. It does seem to get a little slower on my current PC which is now eight years old as the programs get a little bit more complicated.

I cannot believe what these people are charging to do tax returns now a days. It makes me want to get back into it. This year I am doing ten including my own, the rest are relitics and a couple of friends. One that I did for the first time this year was charged 639 bucks from H & R Block last year and it took me less than two hours to do. The one thing that I did note was that they did not report a 1099 Int as it was only a couple of bucks and they would have charged quite a bit more for another form, the notation was on last years 1099.

The feature that I had not used before was the 1040X on that return, it is really neat. All that I can really say is that I was doing taxes for others in the mid seventies when all calculations were done by hand and the ones that I did out of the house were copied using carbon paper.

The speed and accuracy of Turbo Tax is just amazing.

Trakternut

I've used Turbo Tax in the past. Tried H&R Block's similar program once. Pretty convoluted, it seemed. This year, we used a local gal who does taxes due to my wife wanting to deduct online college tuition, etc. Her idea, not mine. I'm thinking Turbo Tax would have taken care of it just fine.

I'll use it again!

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Give me a break...my taxes are fuel injected in pace as it is do not add a turbo charge:yum::yum::yum:

I never use an accountant here in the UK it is all self assessed....don't like it Mr tax man tough shit you get what i think you deserve:hammer::hammer::hammer: