• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Jeep Pickup Truck

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Checked out the new Jeep Pickup. Meh, not too impressive to say the least. Not into Jeeps anyway and at $59,000 this truck would be the last pickup I would consider. The top of the line Ranger XLT Lariat FX/4 at $43,000 is a much better looking truck and much, much better value. Gotta be a Jeep Jeek to buy one of these I guess.

jeep truck.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, since I've owned a half dozen JEEPs, and currently own an antique Jeepster, I have to say that is one of the coolest looking vehicles on the planet.

BUT

As a pick up truck it is not worth the $$$. Lacks towing capacity. Lacks cargo capacity. A Nissan Frontier is literally 1/2 the price!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
$59K for a Jeep?!?!?!

For off-road use, there's a new version of the original Jeep now available.
On Doc's sister forum to this one, we've been discussing and one member bought one.
www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17902

It's the Mahindra Roxor and is based on the original Willie's.
https://www.roxoroffroad.com/

Wow, now that is kewl. I like that. Thank you for posting

OK, since I've owned a half dozen JEEPs, and currently own an antique Jeepster, I have to say that is one of the coolest looking vehicles on the planet.

BUT

As a pick up truck it is not worth the $$$. Lacks towing capacity. Lacks cargo capacity. A Nissan Frontier is literally 1/2 the price!

Well, I should clarify. The one pictured is a loaded top of the line. Everything on it that can be had. There are 4 models below the Rubicon for a more moderately priced vehicle.

For mid size trucks, the 2019 Ford Ranger is the most economical of the bunch. A 280 HP engine, standard. A 10 speed auto right out of the F-150, standard. Top of the line with leather, electric folding mirrors, NAV, Co-Pilot 360 to name a few goodies. The one I priced was 39K for super cab, 43K for 4 door. For the life of me, I just do not see what an extra 16K affords the buyer especially with what looks like a 5 foot box, tops. 6 foot is bad enough.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Body colored fender flares add everything to the looks of the truck versus those awful rubber flares that fade to white in no time.

I built this one at 60K online with all the bells and whistles including the 3 piece color matching top and cold weather group. I have to admit, she looks a lot better in black than then red, but 60K?? Seriously?? I know everything now costs a lot, but 60K for a mid size truck, even a loaded one is too much. I'm sure future resale value will be typical Jeep. Damn good as I understand it.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 3.19.47 PM.png

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool. Nice alternative to most midsized trucks that are nothing more than a car with a box.

Canadian eh!!!

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry for being mean but, I think these things are ugly. My guess is that it will be the least reliable truck available, have a high cost of ownership and depreciate in value more than any truck. A tug of war with any other $60k truck would go badly for this jeep. And for $60k you could get a Tacoma and have enough left over to get a dirt bike, snowmobile, jetski and trailers. Or a Nissan Frontier and the nicest UTV Polaris makes.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry for being mean but, I think these things are ugly. My guess is that it will be the least reliable truck available, have a high cost of ownership and depreciate in value more than any truck. A tug of war with any other $60k truck would go badly for this jeep. And for $60k you could get a Tacoma and have enough left over to get a dirt bike, snowmobile, jetski and trailers. Or a Nissan Frontier and the nicest UTV Polaris makes.

Not mean, Sean. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the old saying goes.

I have a friend who has had a lot of trouble with his 17 Taco. This could be an isolated case but he has not been impressed. Rear drum brakes are unforgivable in this day and age. I deal with it, but my Ranger is 14 years old, not a 40K Taco.

The Ranger with that EcoTec engine and 10 speed auto looks to be the way to go right now. Nissan trucks are the new old Rangers with no platform update in 15 years. A major update is coming and they may be worth looking at then. Finally, the GM midsize trucks are, well, GM. Nuff said about that.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I bought a Jeep Gladiator Sport S a year ago and I have had zero problems with it. It is quiet when it is running and I know it is quiet because I can get about 10 ft. from a deer before it flees the scene. I take mine through the woods on dirt trails daily and have not been stuck yet. Yesterday I filled up with gas and drove about 25 miles at about 55 mph and averaged 27 mpg. I am very pleased with this truck. I have put 17,500 miles on it so far. I traded a Tacoma in on it. It averaged 19 mpg and wasnt as comfortable to drive. It also has more electronics than I will ever use. It has some scratches on the plain black fenders and top from trees and brush. It is also enjoyable to take the top off on a pretty day and do a little drive around the country. Have a goodun!!!!!!

Last edited: