• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anybody got Bombardier SW48 parts to sell?

Okanagan

I have a 1980 sidewalk plow that just needs a few parts to make it good as new for another 30 years.

I need to connect with somebody who has good used parts available for fair and reasonable prices.

Anyone here got any leads? (No, Mario from Quebec (on kijiji) is not an option.)

What I need are the drive sprocket shaft assemblies (just the shaft and sprocket mount flange, not the flower pot) for both sides. (Remember this is an SW48, not a J5 or a Bombi... different bolt pattern on the flanges.)

I also need the spindle stub/splined arms which attach the front bogies to the torsion axles, left and right. Lastly, I want a couple of fresher gears for installing when I replace the bushings in the steering differential.

Please help.

Okanagan

Great!

Please PM me with prices and legible pics of the used parts.

The gears I need are differential pinions p/n 608 0026. How much do you want for two used ones in GOOD shape?

Plus, do you have one of those special Bombardier differential bearing puller's available to sell? (p/n 629 0009 00)

Thanks,
Snowbug

Okanagan

Brad,
You need to clear your pm inbox. When I tried to send you the info you want, I got the following abort message:

"MNoutdoors has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

undy

Oky,

That's probably why he posted their phone number and web address (with a "contact" link). I'd guess that as a business, they probably prefer to communicate that way.

??

Okanagan

Undy,

I assumed Bogie was unaware of the fact that his inbox is full and that he could not be contacted through this website... a potential impediment to increased business, especially in this day and age. Better that one should have all possible avenues for business communication open and unblocked by old litter, don't you think?

As it stands, he telephoned me after I emailed him directly and we're in the midst of successfully concluding our business as I write this.

Brad's been super! A truly valuable resource.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Brad,
You need to clear your pm inbox. When I tried to send you the info you want, I got the following abort message:

"MNoutdoors has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

We did delete some messages to make room. Although this is not Brad and rarely is........ I wish he was around more and not traveling all the time.

Okanagan

My apologies to Bryan and Jason. And here all this time I thought MNoutdoors was a one man show. My bad.

Hey, somebody has to mind the shoppe while the boss is out sightseeing!

;)

Okanagan

Hmmph, gonna try again. I’m still searching for a matched pair of respectable condition drive axles for a 1980 Bombardier SW48 FA (or a machine of that body style’s production run).

Please send me a PM if you have a pair of what's shown below to sell.

What I'm looking for does not need to be gold plated, just undamaged and of the correct shapes as shown in these photos. Surface rust is OK, but Stage 3 cancer is not. (Let me repeat, I do not want J-5 or variant flanges, they won’t work as they are not the proper shape!)

I intend to cut off and discard the axle shafts and fabricate "wheel spacers" out of the sprocket mount flanges, so flower pots are not critical. (However, I’ll take them too if yours are in AAA1+ condition.)

My idea is to weld 4" collars (cut from 12" diameter pipe) to the backs of the those sprocket mount flanges, and then attach them onto my machine’s existing sprocket flanges (the ones in these photos) with longer bolts, thereby spacing the drive sprockets further apart than from stock dimensions so as to widen the track for improved sidehill stability. (Yes, all the rest of the running gear is being equally spaced outward and properly reinforced.)

This time, unfortunately, I’ll need to see photos of what you intend to ship before concluding any deals. I’m not interested in grafting on mismatching Frankenstein parts sourced from assorted donor machines rotting out in some flake’s swampy back 40.

BTW, turns out the slop I was detecting in my T-16 (diffy) was nothing more than spent bushings. The gears are all just fine… unflawed, shiny and smooth on the contact surfaces with almost no wear showing, so I don’t need any pinions afterall.

Extracting the chunk from the hull was easy with an engine hoist, and getting the main bearings off it was a cinch (2 minutes each side) with that handy-dandy Bombardier bearing puller tool, which a local snow groomer service tech had sitting around his shop collecting dust. The fellow was happy to lend me the tool at no charge (he even refused to accept a cash deposit for it), so I dropped off a case of the best craft beer I could find. THAT was a GREAT DEAL! Saved me having to buy all new bearings, not to mention the hassle, risk and time involved in butchering the bearing cages with a zip disk and grinder.

Attachments

• P8190166.jpg
    P8190166.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 885
  • P8190167.jpg
    P8190167.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 872
  • P8190168.jpg
    P8190168.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 909
  • P8190169.jpg
    P8190169.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 985
  • P8190170.jpg
    P8190170.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 926
  • P8190171.jpg
    P8190171.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 886

Okanagan

Thanx for the lead, Snocatt. I'll check them out. If that doesn't work out, I'm flying to Montreal next month, so I'll drop in on a guy in nearby Valcourt who has a boneyard on Armand Bombardier Avenue. I'll bet has all sorts of goodies.

It's just too bad MNoutdoors didn't send me what's shown here in their pic when they had the chance... 'cuz that's exactly what I ordered. Meanwhile, all the taxes, brokerage fees and the lions share of the shipping costs I paid all went straight down the toilet, so I sure as hell ain't gonna make THAT mistake again!
:shit5:

:poto: "Nice panty shot!" :wow:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Another option would be to find a muskeg drive and use the flanges if you find one with bad ends they can be had very reasonably flanges are the same and there stronger

Attachments

• 20170824_093006.jpg
    20170824_093006.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 814