• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

century 2535 electrical problem

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
arrggh...
went to start the tractor yesterday to do some mowing and nothing.
open the hood and there's sign that something's been under the hood nibbling.
the big bundle of wires coming off the alternator has a connection that went from a red and white pair of wires to a red and yellow pair - and the wires were chewed off from connector to connector.

any idea where I can find a replecement?

there is another pair of wires up near the firewall that i can't find where they would have connected to anything, and that's sheared off, as well. (factory taped off, with some bare ends sticking out that look chewed)

any advice/suggestions would be welcome. (including ways to keep critters out from under the hood)

the century 2535 is the same thing as a Branson 3510, in case anyone is familiar with those.

thanks!

urednecku

Site Supporter
Wish I could help ya, but I got not idea about the wires. Keeping the critters out, either, (unless you could wrap wire screen around it, which I know is not feasible.) I wonder if a generous offering of rat-bait, kept close to the access points of the tractor would help. Good luck, I know that's a PITA.