• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do Doctors Actually Seek to Cure...

Bamby

Do Doctors actually want to cure patents? Or IMHO seek to get their patents on a reoccurring billing cycle as much as their insurance will allow them to get away with it. Thoughts.....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Depends on the doctor.
One cannot just use a broad brush here.
There are good doctors whose goal is healing

There are greedy sumbitches as well.
I've dealt with both.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I've been wondering this myself. They were awfully quick to diagnose me with diverticulitis and prescribe antibiotics that could cause tendon rupture...uh...NO. But they did get me a CT scan quick that showed no diverticulitis . For that I'm thankful.

The office I've dealt with is pretty much in lockstep with each other, pressing me to get a colonoscopy but I did get a referral to a real MD GI guy. So, that's good. The GI guy is 2 hours away and affiliated with an excellent hospital. I'll tell you Friday if I think anyone wants to cure people or just rush them thru the office for $$$.

Bamby

Yea right maybe.. Just a while back one of my doctors had me get a colonoscopy. After the fun the doctor who performed it gave me a clean bill of health, less a couple of hemorrhoids hr didn't seem the least bit concerned about.

Had to go back to another doctor and she's insisting the hemorrhoids have got to go and scheduled and appointment for their removal. I asked why they wern't addressed while they were up there the first time and they have my approval to address them.

So here I am stuck going through another unpleasant experience so they can get away with full billing for something that should have been taken care of the first time.. :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bamby, hemmorhoids are fairly common.
If you weren't exhibiting symptoms that caused alarm the first time around, perhaps something was detected during your second.
Then again you've been vague about bleeding or any number on the pain scale.
What one doctor says, often doesn't mesh with another.
That's why we have second opinions.

Good luck, Pixie.

Bamby

Haven't been bleeding except a touch of blood on rare occasions, and I haven't experienced any pain. My blood-work came back that i am borderline anemic and they said they want to ensure that I'm not bleeding out anywhere. They also scheduled another upper GI to see if my esophagus is healing. Then again no pain there either..

Bamby

The office I've dealt with is pretty much in lockstep with each other, pressing me to get a colonoscopy but I did get a referral to a real MD GI guy. So, that's good. The GI guy is 2 hours away and affiliated with an excellent hospital. I'll tell you Friday if I think anyone wants to cure people or just rush them thru the office for $$$.

Word of advice. Start early on the gallon of BS you're expected to drink to clean you out. Getting all that stuff down is worse than the procedure itself. I know I'm going to start it at least six hours earlier, I mean what the heck a person ain't allowed to eat anything anyway.